1.8 needs to be amazing

1.7 is probably the worst update I’ve ever seen for this game, and I’ve been here since the start.

Something needs to be done about matchmaking, stat boosts, and win mechanics like Dracoceratops. Otherwise I see this game going the same route as Jurassic World: The Game.

Why would anybody want to play this game when your options are to either pay for stat boosts or lose? Part of me hopes this update is just as garbage as the last so I’ll have a reason to quit and play PoGo or something. At least Niantic seems to give a crap about its playerbase.

20 Likes

I agree with you on the update, however Ludia really did care about their players. Sometimes people forget Ludia has other games they’re working on as well.

2 Likes

They DID care. But look at how long it took to fix things: incorrect speed indicator, damage preview not taking armor/shields into account, allowing unlimited boost purchases.

But when it’s something like allowing stops to be spun beyond the daily coin limit, nope, fixed the very next day.

2 Likes

Yeah, but going over the limit on drops is an easy fix. The others, not so much.

I could write an essay on all the ways niantic doesn’t listen to its player base, Ludia drops the ball sometimes but niantic regularly proves themselves to be far greedier and much more deaf to their community, just look at the recent gym coin limit they implemented which completely screws the game over for anyone who doesn’t live in a huge city, and that’s even more than niantic already hated players who don’t live in a big city.

5 Likes

Look I play both games. I’m not trying to say one company is better than the other but let’s take a look at both in the last couple years.

Niantic took the Pokemon license and created an incredible game that is played by millions. Recently they had Go Fest where some players couldn’t partake due to severe weather and those players are being compensated by being given “the content of Go Fest wherever they are locally”. They also had a community day where EU players weren’t getting the proper spawns, those players are receiving an extra community day in the summer.

Meanwhile Ludia has left Jurassic World:The Game as a hacker and P2W playground where they’re copy pasting dinosaur abilities and putting them into the game as mods. I think the only thing Ludia has done better is deal with spoofers.

I don’t want the reply to be too long that it’s moderated, so continuing…

All I’m saying is that Ludia has been deaf to its playerbase as of late. Stat boosts are one of the most despised additions to the game after Dracoceratops, and yet they are hosting sales for the things. Paying for content in this game thus far has simply gotten you to certain dinosaurs or certain levels faster.

Now with stat boosts, players with much lower level, slower, squishier dinosaurs are able to pay their way to make up the difference. In Aviary if a Thora is faster than your whole team, what are you supposed to do? I personally just close the game and wait for the loss.

5 Likes

All I’m saying is that Ludia has been deaf to its playerbase as of late. Stat boosts are one of the most despised additions to the game after Dracoceratops, and yet they are not hosting sales for the things. Paying for content in this game thus far has simply gotten you to certain dinosaurs or certain levels faster. Now with stat boosts, players with much lower level, slower, squishier dinosaurs are able to pay their way to make up the difference. In Aviary if a Thora is faster than your whole team, what are you supposed to do? I personally just close the game and wait for the loss.

which coin limit?

You can only obtain 50 coins daily in total in Pokémon go now.

Also I had a big long post typed up comparing the two but it was getting really hard on mobile and I didn’t want to make people read a whole wall of text.

What it boiled down to was that Pokémon go is worse in terms of being unfair to non city players and disabled players in multiple ways despite being made aware of pokestop and gym issues from day one, having a lackluster bare bones battle system, constantly finding ways to avoid giving people currency (like the current 50 coin a day total limit; not just 50 coins from one gym, all gyms, you can only get 50 coins a day no matter what unless you buy them) and having almost zero player communication or feedback, Ludia makes mistakes often, but at least we receive semi regular news, updates, and polls from them regarding the game rather than niantic’s extremely annoying silence.

I don’t find getting swept by a single Dino any more annoying than realizing I can’t have a turn in the only gym in a two mile radius around me because someone has had their blissey in for 12+ hours and I get timed out before I can faint it.

Ludia may be dead to its players lately but niantic has been deaf since day one.

5 Likes

that change was a long time ago atleast 2 years… and they are still the #1 grossing game out there for a reason. the coins etc… is little to the big scheme of things. they feed the players what they want. they make the correct changes. they dont abandon their player base… when things need updating they update them. if issues arise they respond… their game doesnt go a whole year witth the same bugs. i wish niantic ran this game honestly…

7 Likes

The 50 coin limit is no different than the one on supply drops here. The only problem I have is when my Pokemon stays in a gym too long and I don’t get the rewards for that day, but if you’re having trouble with Blissey you sound like you need some fighting types…I’ve had the game for a month and I could take that out.

What I mentioned above is called counterplay, it IS in PoGo, it is NOT in boosted JWA. Thoras that can outspeed entire teams will win the game. Dracoceratops that have 1500+ base attack will win the game. What do these things have in common? You can’t do anything about them.

But it has gone years with the same not-technically-a-bug issues. if Niantic took over JWA, I’d leave.

The 50 coin limit is inherently different because JWA doesn’t make you use cash to open your incubators or dart dinosaurs, you can get more than enough darts by spinning stops, it can take me months to get through a row of pokego eggs due to a mixture of lack of incubators and the fact that you have to walk for those incubators to work.

POGO’s main strategy is having a faster phone, and being able to tap faster.

‘but if you’re having trouble with Blissey you sound like you need some fighting types…’

I have a disability that affects my hands, no amount of fighting types (which I have, thanks, I’ve been playing pogo for going on two years now) is going to change the fact that I literally cannot tap fast enough to deal with the issue.

the game is Pokemon GO. its been a walking game since day one. sorry for your disability it sounds like you did the most logic thing and not play that game.

JWA is also a walking game, and yet the same issues are not present due to the fact that they don’t place their stops miles apart from one another in low density areas.

Pokemon Go is fully capable of keeping their identity as a walking game without ostracizing a massive part of its playerbase, they choose not to.

the stops are an issue with jwa and always have been. what are you talking about? if you look at past posts, there has always been players claiming this and ludia has done nothing about it. plus, with pogo you can actually add stops and gyms now.

1 Like

What you mentioned here is probably the only thing I think JWA does better than PoGo in terms of being able to resupply frequently.

As for your disability, I’m sorry to hear that but it doesn’t sound like something Niantic could do anything about for you. As for the walking aspect, if you’re really desperate to open eggs you could just do the sock trick, I know I did it to get those last couple km these past 2 weeks for the big dust rewards.

But I’m talking about Niantic as a company versus Ludia.

The density is low on both but I don’t feel like it’s comparable, JWA outperforms in this regard. (There are more JWA stops behind and to the sides of me, there are no more pokego stops, there is one gym behind me)

1 Like

hmm but you still have 3 pokes near you and only 2 dinos… and 2 can be shiny lol

1 Like

I was just darting dinos. So there are less than there were earlier. And there are even more dinos behind me and to the sides. I also don’t have to walk to go get them, I can dart from right here on my couch.

I would never catch any of these pokemon. they’re useless to me and will never hit useable CP levels. If I want to find more, I’ll have to go hiking, the highest density of pokemon is here in my apartment, if I went out walking, I wouldn’t find more than 2-3 more.

EDIT: further example, if I want to enjoy community day, I have to take a two hour bus ride to where pokemon actually spawn, or I won’t catch more than 5-10 community day spawns.

EDIT2: I did a headcount, there are 3 pokemon in catching range of me, and 7 dartable dinosaurs.

1 Like