1.8 Tier List From GamePress is up!

14 Likes

I admit, I pressed “explanation” immediately on one creature in particular. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Explanations coming soon we promise! :smile:

7 Likes

You’re the best, @Piere87!

1 Like

Maxima is high apex? Really? Everyone said it was aweful. @Piere87, how did this come around

1 Like

Indoraptor is mid-apex?!

1 Like

Still deals a nice bit of damage I guess

1 Like

It was the only one that moved down a tier actually. We’ll have explanations soon along with some of the Sim results.

3 Likes

There were a lot of us involved and a lot of arguments for. As Piere already said, explanations will be provided.

2 Likes

I trust the judgement of GamePress. I know our friends over there are serious. :nerd_face::heart_eyes::kissing_heart:

2 Likes

Max is an absolute beast.

2 Likes

Coming from the person that thinks all Sauropods should be Tyrant :wink:

But in all honesty, Max was a tough one

5 Likes

Max was tough - but it stands apart for a lot of reasons.

It can slow and can’t be counter-slowed. It cannot be distracted. It cannot be stunned. And unlike Erlidom or other immune counterparts, it has the health to take MULTIPLE hits while still remaining unslowed, undistracted, and unstunned. It hits like a truck through cloak, shields, and everything in between. It narrowly loses matchups to things that are literally built to kill it like Thor and Tryko - making it an excellent cleaner of seriously scary Tyrants. And if you’re in a position at the end of a match where you don’t have enough damage to take care of that health sponge, Max will make you pay for it in a big way.

16 Likes

We want explanations, @MNBrian, not excuses.

:sweat_smile::grimacing::blush:

6 Likes

Damage just isn’t high enough on Max to warrant tyrant, it has more weaknesses than the tyrant tier, and generally things need to win at least 50% of the matches vs others in that tier to warrant that tier. It loses to almost all tyrant tier dinos so it just didn’t make sense to put it there. But it’s incredibly good, incredibly versatile, and certainly has a place in the top 8 for a lot of teams.

8 Likes

Wow max, seems great. Definitely gonna put it on my team now

2 Likes

Now, if it got that 10% armor and 30% crit from Brachi then we could have a tyrant :smirk:

3 Likes

To me, this perfectly summarized the way things are right now:

“Honestly, it’s our feeling that this meta has been incredibly balanced (despite boosts making that almost impossible to feel in the arena)”

No matter how hard Ludia works to actually balance out the creatures, because of boosts, it will never FEEL balanced. Not (as they say) until 12 years from now when we’ve acquired enough boosts to get right back to where we’d be without them.

Nice work on the list tho guys/gals! :heart::heart::heart:

7 Likes

I’m actually saving this explanation, that was the coolest thing I’ve EVER read.

4 Likes

But you need to truly explain why Pteraquetz is in High alpha. We all know that it’s not.