Ludia Forums

1 Year : Park Builder's Farewell

Here’s to the ones that we got…

Here’s to the ones that we lost on the way, 'cause the roars bring back all the memories.

One of the very early Ludia games, Park Builder was the ultimate source of fun for many. Similar to JWTG albeit drastically less features and gameplay, it’s one to remember lifelong.

Today, the 30th of March, marks one year since some of us lost a part of ourselves with it’s shutdown. We miss Jurassic Park Builder.

17 Likes

I miss JPB
Never got to max my T. rex

4 Likes

Man, I remember playing JPB, it was the only reason I even made a Facebook account, to play on the computer. I honestly wished I never reset my park so many times, it had such a charm to it. Was never able to get far in the game and now it’s gone.

4 Likes

Sniff :sleepy::sleepy:

I played to the end.

5 Likes

Rest in peace jpb. You will be missed

5 Likes

Great game… So many good memories

6 Likes

Indeed so many memories! I don’t think that my JWTG park will ever reach the beauty of my old JPB park. With the current too modern and cold decorations and lifeless roads, JWTG will never reach the charm of its father. Also, I enjoyed more the “red code” than the current “code 19”. Way more exciting. I have regretted many times for not playing JPB that much since my entry on the new games .

I hope that some day JWTG will add some of these favorite features of JPB , and then maybe, maybe will have more charm. Goodbye old friend :wave:

5 Likes

Absolutely! If I’m being very honest, if JPB was still here I would even then had come to JWTG since the former was a relatively short term game, however I did love visiting time by time feeding or collecting coins from my dinosaurs.

I miss all of these of JPB :

Remember the chorus of sounds the dinosaurs made when you clicked many at once? I miss that a lot.

I’ve mentioned earlier that I do not regret my desicion of joining JWTG late to miss the base creature unlocks, because in 2019 I spent a lot of time with Park Builder. It was definitely worth it.

Rest in peace, Park Builder. Gone but never forgotten.

7 Likes

Yes, the dinosaur roars on JPB were cooler and with more diversity. I am tired to hear half of the carnivores in JWTG to have the same roar with Trex. Another thing I hope JWTG to implement one day…

6 Likes

Miss you a lot jpb, you’re the best game I will ever play or since. No mater what, you will always remain alive in my heart❤️.
The best thing I loved about this game is that it didn’t protray dinosaurs as blood thirsty monsters which know nothing more than just to fight but as facinating extinct creatures. This game increased my love and knowledge for extinct animals and I could never forget this contribution. Jurassic Park Builder never became a barrier in my studies nor did I ever found it addictive. It was almost like a best friend of mine.
It’s a game which showed us baby dinosaurs
Screenshot_2021-03-30-20-03-13-43

Even though it’s older than is successor dinosaurs and my park looked much more realistic. It felt like my park was real and had life.
It had tourists who can admire your park
IMG_20210330_195107
There wasn’t a mysterious lagoon that could fit so many aquatics but we had an entire park situated in the ocean.

Even though I played both the new games and a lot of others but none of them could ever compete jbb or take it’s place. And man… The music it was just as good as the Jurassic Park main theme. I can’t even imagine why Ludia even decided to destroy such a beautiful game. I was very heartbroken after knowing this game was getting closed and regretted on the fact that now I could not fulfill my goal of unlocking them all. At least I am happy to some extend that we still got some videos of jpb on YouTube.
Ludia if you somehow could please try to bring this Jurassic Park Builder back, millions of players worldwide miss this incredible game and I gaurantee this would be a great success once again…

9 Likes

Yes, how could I forget the baby dinosaurs! God, everyone here reminds me even more features of JPB that I enjoyed so much ! Please take notes Ludia…

6 Likes

JPB was the most simple yet perfect phone game of it’s time, I miss a lot my park and the animals. I remember I was obsessed with Spinosaurus because of the design, well, all of them were beautiful but Spino really caught my attention. It did so much that even with lvl 30 golds I still used him in tournaments and advanced battle stages no matter how weak he was compared to the opponent lol :sweat_smile:
And the soundtrack, man, the soundtrack! I remember logging into the game a few times just to listen to it because of how majestic and natural it felt.
I managed to get every single aquatic and glacier at lvl 40, while in the Jurassic Park I still needed Euoplocephalus to unlock and max Amargasaurus.
Good times that now only live in my memory, but I’m glad they’re somewhere.
This may sound a little fanboy, but I think JWTG should have an option that reincorporates some JPB aspects like music or sfx or at least an event with the same combat system.

6 Likes

My first ever good jurassic world/park game :pensive: :pensive: :pensive:

4 Likes

Miss those moving guests in the park.

5 Likes

I 100% completed the game before it ended which was nice, only bad thing was that I didn’t get to say goodbye cause Android :joy:

I’m glad they shut the game down though, Ludia stated that JPB wouldn’t receive any updates after Irex, so the game was pretty much dead at that point and it was sad to see. RIP JPB. :pray:

Here’s a dug up screenshot from 2017 of me after I maxed Shasta which was the last creature I needed to max in the game. Fun times :sunglasses:

5 Likes

Every JPB lvl 40 design looked amazing, ngl if there’s anything I can say its that Ludia’s lvl 40s between JPB and JWTG have always looked stunning. Great cast selection as well, I still remember Koolasuchus and Giganotosaurus for 2014 Christmas, those were good times. The creatures chosen for DNA rescue were excellent picks; it’s a shame though that Ludia gave Suchomimus silver stats though I was dying at that. :rofl: What a nostalgic game.

5 Likes

Ludia hates Sucho, he’s always the weakest legendary :pleading_face:

3 Likes

I used to think Ludia hated the spinosaurids until JWTG Baryonyx came along, then I realized the spinosaurs being bad in JPB was prob just super arbitrary LOL

3 Likes

in this world … somewhere … a tear to shed …

3 Likes

this is really funny because JPB Dilophosaurus and Ceratosaurus had Tyrannosaurus roars in their enclosures

3 Likes