Initially, I was going to unveil this in a bigger platform where I gave a complete overhaul to each dinosaur and showed how this could work with other things in a better overall system, but now I would rather showcase these separately and see how the community feels about them first because the amount of content in one thread would be so overwhelming that I think conversation would be lost. Yes. I will be following up on these soon, but for now I wanted to present these ten ideas and see what the response is solely to these ten things. I think these would benefit a lot, but it’s only a small part of the bigger picture. So for now… here they are:
Hereditary Leech (leeches a move from an evolutionary bloodline relative at random, cooldown 1)
This is an idea I’ve had for over a year now and it would basically add value to Common and Rare dinosaurs again by seriously having them be competitive at the top tier level of gaming in the so-called “meta” that would no longer exist here for several reasons that this thread can’t and won’t go into at this time.
Example: If you drew Velociraptor, it would have its Strike, it would have its Pounce and all that, but now it would have a move called Hereditary Leech. This means that if you choose to use Hereditary Leech, it will, at random cause Velociraptor to perform one move or ability from its bloodline at random be it from Indominus Rex or Indoraptor.
So it might Cloak allowing you to Pounce afterwards and get a nice epic hit in. It may very well hit Armor Piercing Rampage or… it may hit Cunning Strike, Evasive Stance, Armor Piercing Impact, Fierce Strike or Cleansing Impact. It can use any move of any dinosaur it evolves into. I am aware some will argue this devalues the higher rarity dinosaurs, but we all know this is simply not the case.
The truth is the basic, actual, dinosaurs that existed have been devalued far too soon. When you eventually run out of resources it becomes logical to go back and use what you have at your disposal in a way that works to add value without taking value away from where your focus has been.
For now, this is enough. In the future we can discuss opening the door for swap-in Hereditary Leeches that draw one resistance from a bloodline dinosaur at random. So in this case (again, this would be something to look at in the future after implementing this initially) Velociraptor could swap in and trigger this feature to gain 100% Damage Over Time resistance. That would be incredible.
I thought about giving Rare dinosaurs this ability and maybe select ones that are no longer valued make sense, but this is my idea to primarily bring true value back to Commons.
Foreign Leech (leeches a move from the opposing dinosaur, cooldown 1)
This would function the same way, only you would literally be stealing a move or ability at random from your opponent’s active creature. Just to clarify as some may not even consider this, so I’ll bring it up now. I do think that the way this feature functions with swaps matter. It is my thought that this could be a fun idea either way.
Either this move needs to draw at random from the current dinosaur before a swap is made by an opponent or it would transfer the Leech onto the incoming dinosaur. In the latter setup the opponent could actually use this against their Leecher by deciding which dinosaur they leech from and as much as I do like that I feel it could be abused. So the fairest thing may be a 50% chance to leech from either dinosaur that was active or swapped in in the event of a swap. I’m willing to let the community decide that.
Mobility Fatigue (becomes locked after 2 swaps of any kind depending upon rarity for 2 turns)
This means that something swaps out, be it with Rampage & Run or you just naturally swap out, once it occurs twice with that specific dinosaur there is a trigger of the Mobility Fatigue and that dinosaur becomes locked in place for two turns overriding swap prevention resistance.
Example: You have Utarinex or Phorusaura. It swaps out once. Fine. It comes back in and swaps out again. This causes it to be locked out of the action for two turns as the current dinosaur becomes locked down no matter what it is. So say you were swapping between the two. They would be locked down both in and out of the game for two turns. So say your Phorusaura was killed during the first turn of the lock down. You can not draw Utarinex during the second turn of the lock down. So it is essentially a dual lockdown. It impacts both the swapping dinosaur and incoming dinosaur. This would be on every single dinosaur in the game.
Deflection (taunt- 67% chance to cause 75% of the opponent’s damage to be deflected back at them including any effect, cooldown 3)
I think this one is simple enough to understand.
Earthquake (45% chance to deal excess damage to a two random benched dinosaurs, delay 2, cooldown 4)
You want to use this to kill a dinosaur so that whatever damage is left over is split evenly and inflicted upon two benched dinosaurs if you get lucky enough to have the excess damage hit at all. What would be funny is, you know how sometimes your opponent is left standing with 9 life? Even 1 life? Imagine hitting this move on that active dinosaur and then having all excess damage after doing only 1 point of damage to the active, go into two benched dinosaurs! It’s incredible.
Play Dead (priority move, 57% chance to dodge all damage and swap out or instantly die if you don’t successfully dodge)
It’s a gamble. A simple to understand gamble.
Tornado Terror (priority move, swap your Health with your Attack for two turns and heal to full health, gain 75% speed
increase, cooldown 4, delay 1)
This move would go on healers. Nothing else. But yes… it could be leeched! Like everything else.
Blind Rage (absorb all damage for 2 turns and expel it out along with 3x your base damage, 65% chance to hit the opponent, 35% chance to hit self, cooldown 2)
I think this one is pretty much easy to understand. Any damage you take, including critical hits and buffed up damage just add it up and tally it to your base damage three times over and that’s what you’ll hit by turn 3. You are guaranteed to live until turn 3. What happens on turn 3 happens. It’s your choice to use this feature or not. Use it wisely. That’s why it’s called Blind Rage.
Long Heal (priority taunt shield, Heal 25% of health over time for 3 turns, cooldown 5)
Desperation Defense (when at 35% of health or less against a stronger Class, damage output is doubled for one turn and overrides anything even distraction)
You see what this is in reference to. Yes. I have ways to balance everything out and these ten features are only a small part of that.