Ludia Forums

100% Shield can't block Cloak+DSR?

I used Nodopatotitan L16 (just feel like to unlock her now) and then eventually end up facing I.rex

Turn one
used long protection (50%DEF UP) / I.rex used Cloak
Turn Two
used Bellow (more 50%DEF UP) / I.rex used DSR >> expected to smirk over 0 damage and then BANG! My Nodopatotitan almost lying on the ground like her ancestors in the movie.

I thought that 100 Shield has the same effect as Invinsibility but it really is?

Edit: It was APR not DSP

there are 3 cases

Case 1

In your case, I think Bellow was negated by I-rex Immunity. Not sure how and why Immunity would negate shield. Could be cause it negates the second part of Bellow, speed reduction, that negates whole move.

Case 2

They can’t be combined, but the 50% shield duration extends by 1 turn. So it does not go to waste, but it stacks in duration and not power.

Case 3

100% Shield actully blocked APR from I.rex completely but It didn’t cover Cloak effect which multipy 2XATK so 100% shield is just do only 50% shield when facing up CloakAttack

Had it too and I think these two shielding effects can‘t be combined.

1 Like

Actually, I-rex has APR not DSR. First can be blocked by shields, second can’t.

In your case, I think Bellow was negated by I-rex Immunity. Not sure how and why Immunity would negate shield. Could be cause it negates the second part of Bellow, speed reduction, that negates whole move.

Irex is completely vulnerable to shields. I can’t believe Irex immunity would counter shield from bellow. I think it’s more likely long protection and bellow equal 75% or can’t be combined.

They can’t be combined, but the 50% shield duration extends by 1 turn. So it does not go to waste, but it stacks in duration and not power.

4 Likes

That Indorex would’ve had to do well over 6K damage to KO even a base Nodopatotitan. As a point of interest, what level was she and did she crit?

If only I-rex had dsr… :joy:

If shield can stack, nodopatotitan will become one of the best creatures in the game!

1 Like

oh yeah, I misspelled it. Thanks! :rofl:

I see. so that’s how it works. thanks!

IIRC, she was like level 20-22ish but didn’t get a Crit.

Huh. That’s weird that she could one shot you through a shield. Even a 50% damage reduction should’ve saved you

That’s really strange… I would have thought the same thing

That would be a good explanation, but I’m not sure it works that way… When a dino is hit by two distracting moves, its attack becomes zero unless you use a Ferocious attack… so it would only be fair if two shields equal 100%, or at least block 75% (half of the damage that would be done after the first shield).

Shields dont stack.
I have nodopatotitan, and when I have long protection, if they do rampage or whatever, they still do a fair amount of damage.
Just how the game works.
Also, DSR means defense shattering rampage.
So DSR destroys the 100% shield.