Ludia Forums

17 Straight Days of Boost Sales - Can You Overmilk a Cow? I Mean, Whale?

Hmm, guess I would have won that bet. Looks like boosts are just going to be an everyday thing perhaps until they milk the (cash) cows dry. I guess Ludia figured out how to milk whales.

3 Likes

I’m sold…

2 Likes

They just trying to max profit before next reset.

Players don’t buy enough boosts, so they need to have them in shop all the time. Soon there will be announcement about new boosts reset.

4 Likes

That’s exactly what I was thinking. So many sales usually means that they are trying to make as much as they can before they pull the plug and try something else. Remember how the sold them right before boost 2.0?

3 Likes

What are the odds we will be seeing boosts in the store again tomorrow? :thinking:

Rare, big, amazing, special boost sale! :joy:

2 Likes

They’re trying so hard to promote boosts that they even added this cool visual glitch around the “MULTI FUSION” button after you apply a boost! :stuck_out_tongue: You can see it in this GIF after I applied a speed boost to my Tryostronix (100% F2P, bought with saved, earned HC, boost strikes, and DBI boosts).

3 Likes

You guys are mad at them trying to make money? Good luck with that reasoning :joy:

Making money? Nope.
Milking money? For sure =P

Are boosts for sale again in store?

6 Likes

They’ve been on sale every day for the past several days. Luckily it’s not causing more losses on weekdays. Weekends are still the worst time to battle, especially in the evenings. When the boosts were only available a few days a week I often had a losing streak on the days they were on sale. If they’re always available things might die down and win/loss ratios might stabilize. Time will tell.

1 Like

Sigh… Some people just don’t see it. Nobody, but nobody, ever said they don’t want Ludia to make money. You cannot stay in business if you don’t, right? The game won’t be around long if they cannot pay their licensing fees and their programmers.

In case you missed it above, here is what Ludia said about boosts:

They are now a chore, either to grind or to pay for, if you want to be competitive and not drop in rankings.

Personally I have felt for some time that Ludia should just stop playing the ‘rarity game’ of boosts and be honest about selling more powerful dinos. Make them available all of the time and get it over with. This silliness about them being ‘special’ is insulting. Then they can get to work on releasing the crit and armor boosts that they have been planning.

1 Like

Maybe ita a case of like with otger “limited time sales”, everyone rushes to get it before it’s “gone”, where as if they were on sale full time players just take their time in deciding to buy, which they may never do.

2 Likes

LOL - Yes, like the imported rug place down the street from me that has been running a ‘going out of business’ sale for the last 5 years.

No, no… Really! We will be gone any day now!

3 Likes

yup, purely coincidental

2 Likes

Level 30 teams ay? Must be boosts sale on lol

6 Likes

Probably not a good time for my second account that’s in Aviary to try to battle! :open_mouth: That account reached level 20 a few days ago, so like with PoGo when I hit 40 last summer I’m not as inclined to play much on that account.

1 Like

I avoided battling on boost sale days period, however that affects alliance missions.
Plus if they sell every day, then you would never battle lol.

2 Likes

If you guys keep talking about conspiracy theory type stuff you’re going to get Bobby and Tiel in here throwing around tinfoil hat pictures :smirk:

3 Likes

Hey, I already posted those! :slight_smile:

Some people are fine with ‘pay to stay’ and that’s awesome. I just don’t like the idea that you either have to pay up or grind for boosts to keep your ranking. Not that it matters much though, as all the levels are the same for the most part. Little difference between being at 4000 or 5000 except that you get fewer boosts in the daily. In fact you actually get more diversity and interesting battles at the lower levels. The higher you go the less interesting it gets - just look at the top 50 teams.

1 Like

Luckily my second account is in ‘Sand Dunes Jr’, which is full of inactive members. That’s probably the only reason I’m always first or second on the alliance leaderboard. I try to at least get all the strike towers and FIPs done daily, and if I’m really bored I’ll max out supply drops and complete daily missions. I also battle often, but when losing streaks happen I take a break.

My main account in the OG Sand Dunes gets everything done daily, usually. I try to do my part. What I’m hoping will happen if boosts end up being a permanent daily sale item is that we won’t have so many people buying them that we all suffer losing streaks as a result. Maybe if they’re always available things will slow down and matchmaking will improve. One can dream, right? :smile:

2 Likes

There is a fine line between conspiracy and a profitable feature being used by a slot machine gambling company that hires gambling addiction psychologists to learn what makes addicts tick :wink:

6 Likes