Ludia Forums

2.6 patch release date

As the cycle goes we will probably get the patch notes for 2.6 at the end of the month probably in two weeks. Let’s hope 2.6 is going to be a major update. My predictions is that we will get ceratosaurus, a new apex and maybe a new non hybrid legendary as well as a hybrid for parasaurolphus lux and probably more oviraptorids and ground sloths

1 Like

I wouldn’t put a date on when the major update will happen. it’ll happen when it happens. the more time they work on it the better (at least i hope so). but 2.6 probably is close to the end of the month.

23 Likes

Maybe we could get Triassic creatures or arthropleura creatures

2 Likes

It will be interesting to see what will happen to the game if one day there is more than 4 Apex!

2 Likes

I hadn’t collected one, please don’t add more apex as it will be burden on large amount of players…

1 Like

I don’t think it’s possible for them to add more than 4 Apexes given that players are already sick of raids. Unless they swap out some of the apexes(highly unlikely), we’ll have 4 Apexes only

2 Likes

There’s definitely more apexes coming. I mean just look how many bosses jwtg has

2 Likes

But how will they manage weekly cycle, 2 apexes per day will be frustrating…

1 Like

The new creatures are the unicorn hadrosaur, the basic bonehead/stegoceras, another oviraptorid, and the ostrich mimic.

2 Likes

Yes definitely a oviraptorid, don’t know about tsintaosaurus but he’s a higher candidate, not sure if they will add stegoceras although more pachys would be nice and struthiomimus would also be ok.
My predictions :
Ceratosaurus (just because of camp cretaceous)
Megatherium (epic for ground sloths)
Panochtus (epic for Glyptodonts)

2 Likes

I hope they add a chat area in the raid lobbies, so we have some way to communicate with the other players besides 3rd party apps.

1 Like

big spoiler and why I don’t think 2.6 (or at the most 2.7) will be anytime soon if this is right (it has to do with E750 so be very careful: E750 had been leaked to be called Scorpius Rex. Scorpius Rex is part indominus rex, but would be silly for it to be part normal modern day scorpion. A previous prehistoric scorpion that appeared in Ludia games was an aquatic creature. If it is that(Sea Scorpion) update 2.6 might not only be the update we get E750 and a bunch of Camp Cretaceous, but aquatics too?!?! Unless they make Sea Scorpion a weird land creature. I mean we did get the massive update 2.0 at what, mid summer? I think we could get this update 2.6 or 2.7 and they did say they plan on very big updates. Would be very good especially since not too much content was added in 2.4 and 2.5(achievements are a long grind in game which I respect, but I’d say they were a pretty easy feature to add compared to this. (I just remembered creatures being datamined for 2.6, so this will most likely be 2.7/ the massive update similar to 2.0 during mid-summer)

2 Likes

I don’t see 2.6 being a major release so much as it will likely be the balancing patch that they talk about.
But really I don’t expect a major content patch until after they push Wonderful worlds out of early access. I’m sure ground works is being Layed but between Covid and Ludia switching to long term “flex” program for remote working. And the fact that remote working has caused delays in almost every major game studio. I kinda expect them to push out 2 more smaller patches then telling us the next patch will take a bit longer to get here but be larger in size.

3 Likes

I don’t think there are more than 4 Apex, Ludia will surely take out Morten Rex to add another in his place, and will give that DNA in another way, because it is the one that most of the players already have, and when they have it in level 30 and many will stop making the Morten Rex raid.

2 Likes

Bosses don’t have a limit. Look at jurassic world the game. They have 9 dinosaurs bosses and 3 aquatic and cenozoic bosses there. Of course there would be a bit of a problem with the daily plans but they will definitely find a way to improve more apex creatures. And people will still try to collect mortem because players would still want to have every creature

1 Like

Just because E750 is called Scorpius Rex doesn’t necessarily mean it has to be part scorpion, only that it has some level of resemblance to one. I don’t think that name alone is quite enough evidence to say that aquatics will be introduced when E750 is.

You always have new players entering higher levels every day though, so there will never be a point when everyone has a max boosted Mortem Rex. I doubt they’ll ever remove an Apex from the game, at least not permanently (they might do some kind of rotation), unless they introduce another way of obtaining it (like basic fuses).

3 Likes

I’ll get in a lot of trouble if I share the leaked image(but it has a scorpion stinger

1 Like

I’ve seen the image, I just think it wouldn’t be a big deal for Ingen to just add the stinger if they wanted to. They seem to be able to do whatever the plot or Universal’s designers need them to. I mean, Dilophosaurus has the famous frill, but it isn’t made from some kind of prehistoric lizard, it counts as a normal dino. Pretty much all the dinos have some kind of modern DNA, and it sometimes influences their designs when they want it to. I wouldn’t be surprised if the scorpion-ness was never explained, or if it really was just from a modern scorpion.

2 Likes

could also been mixed with pulmonoscorpius and the like. so not aquatic, but prehistoric insectoids.

7 Likes