Ludia Forums

2018 pack is it worth my bucks

So I’ve been thinking for a long hard while and I have decided that I’m going to spend some of my Dinobucks on the 2018 pack and I know what you’re going to say like why would you waste your bucks on a stupid pack but I want to say this I have bought this pack twice in the past my first time opening one I got arctodous and my second time I got megastherium the super-rare creature but I was thinking maybe this time I will get lucky enough to win a vip creature or another tournament creature instead of that super-rare so if you want to give me any of you’re thoughts go ahead or maybe share your prizes that you have won from the 2018 pack

2 Likes

Like with anything up to chance, it’s always worth it until it’s not. I went ahead and got the pack just for the heck of it, and got 2 coin cards, a food card, and the ceno super rare. Which is definitely not worth it.

4 Likes

Do whatever you want. It is one of the better packs you can purchase IMO as the % of getting a tournament dino are pretty good. I can’t remember what they are but around 60% give or take, I think?

In the end it comes down to what JWTG is… it’s a game. Typically you play a game to get enjoyment so do what ever gives you enjoyment from the game. I’ve done some pretty detrimental things to my game/park in the past just because I wanted something that wasn’t the best decision but it gave me some enjoyment, it’s nothing that can’t be fixed with time. And IMO spending 1500 DBs non VIP or whatever it is for Fidelity/VIP if you are one of those isn’t gonna make or break your game either way.

I’ve bought the 2018 pack twice on my game and once on my daughters game for fun. Sometimes i get board with this game just slogging along as non VIP and need a little excitement and unknown. It’s fun buying the packs, gives a little thrill especially because there are a few creatures in the pack I don’t own. I won a Gilacus (or whatever it is) once which I use all the time in aquatic PvE and the Super rare prize once. My daughter won the bear I believe. No regrets either time, I’d do it again but I’m typically not swimming in bucks they typically get used for hatchery speed ups as soon as I get them :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

@Phasmatus yes I do understand and I’m willing to take that chance and if I don’t get a good creature then I will not be doing this again but If I do then there’s a 50/50 chance I’ll do it again in the future

1 Like

@Subxero11 nice I get somewhere between 1k bucks to 2k bucks a day on average so bucks aren’t that hard for me to obtain it’s the not spending them on stuff that I can wait for that is the problem see I want to save up my bucks so in the future I can speed up 8 tournament creatures or something that takes a while so I need to save up my bucks but I will make an exception for today

1 Like

From a different perspective I believe the pack would be a good risk for lower level players and or players that do not have a lot of tournament unlocks. In that instance you have a chance to win something that could be useful immediately and potentially for a while. Like I mentioned I use my Gillicus I won all the time (I actually have 2 and the unlock :P). But either way I use both of them and for someone where their aquatics are lacking something like that is a solid addition. (my aquatics are not very far along, I don’t evolve them much and never buy any).

But for someone pretty far along with lots of VIPs, and tournament unlocks its probably not the best thing as it won’t make your lineup much better. At that point the only real reason to do it is to try and get something you perhaps dont have but in that instance you are aiming for 3 maybe 4 creatures so your odds of snagging one of those in particular get pretty low. The other reason like i mentioned before is for fun factor if you like that kind of thing, Opening packs is one of the few things that brings excitement to me in this game TBH and since I’m not VIP i don’t get any of the good prize drop packs to scratch that itch. The 10k VIP packs offer a little excitement but I have pretty much all of them already and don’t really care what I get at this point.

3 Likes

@Subxero11 yes that very true I do have quite a bit of tournament creatures and 3 different vip creatures but if I were to say what I want to get from the pack it would have to be ether eolombia,baryonyx,or concavenator and I do have a lvl 10 baryonyx and concavenator but I wouldn’t mind getting a lvl 20 of one of them because I ain’t no vip member so vip solid gold packs aren’t that easy for me to get

@Phasmatus @Subxero11 @Jurassic_Fury I did it and I believe what I won will help me out in the long run and now I will show you what I have gotten.

7 Likes

Ooooooh nice! :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

@Jurassic_Fury thxs I was hoping for a vip creature or a land based tournament creature but I mean this works too
Btw @Jurassic_Fury have you ever bought a 2018 pack before?

2 Likes

I bought it once and got an Arctodus. It was worth the bucks, but the chances of getting an undesirable ceno are quite high :grimacing:

1 Like

Nope… I am too low on da cash :grimacing:

1 Like

@Jurassic_Fury how low are you in da bucks?

1 Like

Just 2k heheh

1 Like

@Jurassic_Fury wow that is quite low I have 464 more bucks than you

1 Like

@Jurassic_Fury just wondering when you will be uploading your next video no rush I’m just wondering that’s all

1 Like

Soon… Actually here in Kolkata there’s a festive occassion due to which I had a few days so I was able to upload. Sadly the end of the festival is nearing so I’ll be busy, but after that there’s some time when I will be able to upload. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

@Jurassic_Fury ok that’s sounds good and I hope your enjoy your time

1 Like

Thank you! :smiley:

1 Like

Are you VIP or non VIP?

Something else to consider if you like buying packs for a few dinobucks and you are non VIP is doing the prize drop. If you do all the coin, food and DNA ones you can buy a gold pack at the end for around 1000 DBs

The main problem I have with this and why I don’t do it is that doing all the DNA days costs several thousand DNA and at that point I would rather just buy a tournament dino I have unlocked with that DNA and not have to spend the bucks either.

1 Like