Ludia Forums

20k packs on sale, 14k?

Has this happened before?

I haven’t noticed it before but as I noted on the Trade Harbor thread, it seems to be in conjunction with a great reduction and possible ommission of the previous 11K VIP trade offers we used to get almost daily.

1 Like

This is interesting. I don’t need that tany right now, but if I’m one short to get to a 20 or 30, that’s a consideration.

1 Like

I saw this last night. I grabbed 2 of them. Level 20s are helpful for tournaments.

I never seen them go for 14k. I noticed that I haven’t seen one of these creatures offered in the Trade Harbor for 11k since the expansion.

1 Like

This makes me tempted to save up vip points and maybe get multiple 14k packs. Especially since I have plenty of level 20 VIPs already for tournaments

Pack switched today to the Giant Orthocone so I’m definitely going to be saving up in hopes of getting one or two if they get the same discount too!

Giant Orthicone pack not on sale, unfortunately. Full price.

1 Like

Oh I know it’s not on sale yet, hoping it may in the last day or two it’s active as this last one was.

Still not on sale. :frowning: I’m still holding out hope, as I’d really love to get one of those Orthocones… just not quite willing to pay 20K for one. Really really debating it though, since I have at least 4 of every other aquatic in the 10K packs… but only 3 of the orthocone. At 14K it’d be a no-brainer, but 20K is a lot extra to pay just to not be patient and wait until I get it randomly.

The giant orthicone was always quite rare. Actually already less so recently. For the longest time I only had one at level 10, and I won’t spend extra just to have some shiny dino to show off.

But according to the 10K pack info, all the creatures in it come up at the same probability, so it shouldn’t be any rarer than the rest. My experience with what I get from these packs though just doesn’t seem to reflect those all being the same, esp. throwing the lottery results in as well. Granted, my individual results not really large enough that there wouldn’t be some expected considerable differences, but still… having 4 times as many of some other animals as the orthocone, just doesn’t seem to make sense.

For me, it’s not just about it being cool, but also having the best attack for its class.

I’m not sure if the giant orthicone was always listed in the 10k pack with the same probability (as if that actually means anything; what counts is what we actually get), but I’m just saying, from my past experiences, the giant orthicone was highly elusive. Recently, things have been different, and I’ve even managed to level one up to 30. I think its availability changed recently.

It’s definitely been in there at least the majority, if not the entirety of the time that I’ve been a VIP. I think it was added fairly soon after I joined up.

Times change. :no_mouth:

I was waiting for the clock to run down. There is less than 2 hours left and not discount was offered.

I bought one orthocone. Now I can make a level 20. It’s a solid addition to my lineup. Curious to see what’s next.

1 Like

The Orthocone is the latest addition to the 10k pack. It used to be in the same league as the likes of Proceratosaurus, the “VIP VIPs” as i call them, until recently

1 Like

I’d really gone back and forth and back and forth on this, with the discount it would be a no-brainer, but I would just hate myself if the next 10K pack I opened had one and I’d just paid twice as much for it. But then also looking at the resources in the pack, the DBs and DNA are considerably better than the 10K pack, 5 times as much for each, so getting a couple of these would go a long way towards making the extra cost worth it. But you aren’t guaranteed to get either of them, you could easily still end up with JUST food or coins. So it was kind of driving me crazy trying to decide… but I decided to take a chance and get it. Only to get NO DNA OR DBs at ALL!!! Two coins and one food card for all those LPs. And no extra LPs on the pack over the 10K either. So won’t be doing THAT again anytime soon. If EVER. Absolutely un-freaking-believable. That just isn’t right. Particularly with how hard I worked to save these up with the darn custom trade bug Ludia won’t fix stealing so many points from me. I want to break something now…

1 Like

No discount.:exploding_head:

Glad I got 1. Even though it was 20k Im okay with it. I got 500 db and I think a good chunk of loyalty points too.

@Kiarash_Bahar lol, yeaa I considered this one a VIP VIP too. Glad it’s in the packs even though I don’t buy them.

???

4 Likes

Ha, good catch! Lucia’s amazing QA/QC in action again I see.

3 Likes