So overally, raids are an amazing and fun feature. They are far from perfect tho. There are many things that should be done to them, I have some ideas too. Not extending, check them out:
- MAKE COMMON AND RARE RAIDS
As you probably now, in 2.0 we have raids with bosses having epic or higher rarity. I think there should be common and rare raids too though. They may seem like a waste of time but:
- Many commons and rares (like Archaeo, Posto, Tenonto, Iguano etc.) got a rework in 2.0, so they became weak in arena but useful (in theory) in raids. I understand it, it happened in higher rarities too. The problem is, they have no use. At all. In arena they are useless because of rework, while they also don’t have use in raids. Why? Because lowest rarity raid right now is epic, so of course these creatures are outclassed by their higher rarity counterparts. Creating common and rare raids would let them shine again.
- Newbies should have their raids too. Not much to explain, they just also should be able to raid and receive rewards allowing them to progress.
- As of now there are no raids on friday, saturday and sunday. While I understand the tournament argument, think about putting rare raid on friday and common raid on saturday. Newbies can’t participate in tournaments so they would have time for these raids, while experienced players wouldn’t lose much if they didn’t participate in these raids because of tournaments (tho I can’t imagine not having 10 free minutes to play a raid)
- Common and rare raids could be a source of DNA that is exclusive now. Who wouldn’t want a Arctops, Nasuto or Quetz raid?
GIVE US A RAID CHAT
This one is pretty obvious. There should be a way to communicate with other raiders ingame. Emotes aren’t a good way to do so…
If not a raid chat, give us at least a lobby chat…
(Tho this idea may be too difficult, remember alliance chat is still broken after 1.5 years haha)
CREATE A RAID FINDER TOOL
This idea is closely connected with the previous one. Without a chat it wouldn’t work well.
But why exactly do we need a raid finder? Because now if we want to raid, we have to have one of these:
- An active alliance
- Some real life friends
- Some forum friends
- Players in your vicinity (out of curiosity, anyone has some?)
While it may not seem challenging, not everyone (especially newbies) has anything from this list.
But the biggest problem for most of us isn’t having friends to play with. It’s having friends to play with at certain time. Sometimes when you log in, you want to raid but there’s no one online or able to raid. A raid finder would fix the problem.
What do you think?