8/27 again!

Hello,

I‘m affected by the 8/27 bug again and cannot access the game since yesterday. When I open the game, it loads to 8/27, stays there, falls back to 1/27, loads again to 8/27 and then it tells me I need to check my connection.

I use LTE atm and can stream movies, so my connection is fine. I tried the following things:

Restart device
Restart app
Activate and deactivate airplane mode
Deinstall and reinstall the game
Log out and log back in to GameCenter

Using iPhone 11 Pro Max with latest iOS version.

None of these worked and I‘ve already emailed the support, is this adress correct? support+alive@ludia.com
Can I reach the support in times of Corona crisis?

Due to the Corona situation in Germany, I cannot leave my house and don‘t have access to WiFi.

Would be great if somebody could help me, I really need to get back in soon.

Is somebody here?

I don’t know,
I’m at least but I’m no Support…
:confused:

Is there a member of support or can I even reach them? I still cannot access the game, I cannot dart and battle for my alliance, do DNA requests and I‘m missing the strike towers and the weekly event epic dinosaurs!! I cannot use the sanctuaries and cannot help in organizing them!

:rage:

Hey GermanRaptor, that is the correct email address. Has one of our team members replied to you?

Hey @Ned, thx for ur answer. Unfortunately, I haven‘t received an answer yet. I sent them all information (support key, bug description and all things I tried) but no response.

I still cannot access the game btw. Reinstalled it again yesterday and had my iPhone turned off for ~20 minutes before restarting, still 8/27 error.

Could you send me a private message of your support key and the email address you used to contact our team so I can take a look for you?

Thanks!

Ok, I‘ll write u in a minute! Thx! :slight_smile:

@Ned Sent u a PM. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey guys, so for those who might be interested, I finally found a solution and just got back to the game.
So the support answered and listed some steps I should try but none of these worked.
I decided to try something else, this is only for iOS users with GameCenter.
Well, I deactivated GC and went back to JWA. I skipped the log in and I logged in as guest. The homescreen showed a new support key now but was still stuck at 8/27. Then I went to the iPhone settings, manually acticated GC again and restarted the JWA app. Now I could delete my guest account and transfer all my data from my original account back from GC. I accepted and the startscreen showed my correct support key.
Finally, I restarted the app and it loaded completely and I am back in the game!!! :partying_face::partying_face::partying_face:

Unfortunately, I lost a lot of progress. I lost the sanctuary DNA from five days that I couldn‘t collect, I couldn‘t battle and participate in the tournament, I couldn‘t dart and do the strike towers and the worst thing, I couldn‘t collect my weekly alliance missions rewards (both rank 10!!).

I hope Ludia will make some sort of compensation or let me atleast collect my alliance rewards.

Well, luckily they just reappeared. :+1:t2:
Just one question, the alliance mission incubators from last week, did they give Diplodocus DNA or already Proceratomimus etc.?

proceRAT,
yes, I know, don´t cry… :upside_down_face: