Ludia Forums

9.99 Subscription

I just paid 9.99 for the flight club membership and I did not get anything. An

error message popped up on my screen. I’m going to post it so you can see. I did not get anything at all. I didn’t get my rooms I didn’t get my dragons I got no indication on the game that I received anything. The only way that I know that I actually purchased it is because it shows on my bank statement and it also says I’m already subscribed when trying to click on it and pay for it again. I need this fixed immediately please.

I’m really sorry to hear that, @dnmelton87. Our support team would be more than happy to take a look and assist you with this. Could you reach out to our team at support+forums@ludia.com with your support key and a screenshot of your app store receipt? Thanks!

I’ve had the exact same is sure, I’ve emailed but so far no response? @dnmelton87 have you had any luck yet and if you don’t mind me asking are you an android user? My husband purchased a subscription on his iPad and it went through straight away where as I use a samsung tab and I’m having issues with the subscription…