A "better" dodge fix

I have fallen victim to more than a few untouchable Indos but I do think the nerf to dodge needs to be rethought. I propose it should be reworked as follows

Dodge
30% chance to avoid all damage AND effects
30% chance to take 50% damage
40% chance to take full damage

If the attack is fully dodged the player is rewarded by also avoiding stuns/bleed/slow. The downside is there is a 70% chance of taking at least 50% damage. I think this would be a good way to balance everything out

2 Likes

Or
Dodge = 33% damage bit
Hit = 66% damage
Indoraptor shouldn’t be a bench warmer

The reason they did this wasn’t to nerf dodge but to reduce the affect of RNG (luck) on the result of the match. I think your solution actually increases the RNG affect.

2 Likes

My solution increases the probability of it taking damage while also giving it a small chance to truly “dodge” the attack. I agree that if the current damage no matter what concept remains it should be your way I just dont think it should always take damage

1 Like

I feel like the current fix is more like a “better” shield that works half the time. I feel like the chance to dodge the 66% of damage should be increased to something like 75% cuz Dino’s like Indoraptor are very fragile without dodging at least some of the damage.

I say make dodge 75 percent and if successful you take 25 percent unsuccessful take 100 percent. And put it at 2 moves instead of 3. A little nerf but not overboard. Kind of split the difference.

Thst or rename it glancing blow stance or something. Dodge is 25 percent glance is 75. And again I like the 2 move max. you are guaranteed some damage and they cant 3-0 the team just by dodging

It is just not worth using anymore. I’ll have Indo ready for 29 tomorrow but don’t think I’ll waste the coins on it. With only 3 useable moves one being a strike there are plenty or Epics that are better than a Indo now

I have a suggestion that will please both salty…err I mean dodge haters, and dodge users.

• Evasive Stance: 1/3 Chance to dodge full damage, 1/3 Chance to dodge 75% damage, 1/3 chance to take full damage, all this for still 3 turns
  • Sidestep: 66% Chance to dodge full damage and 33% to take full damage, and then the latter buffing effects(I mean come on, some dinos need this, and not a nerf)
  • Cloak: 1st evasion 1/3 Chance to dodge full damage, 1/3 Chance to dodge 75% damage, 1/3 chance to take full damage, 2nd Evasion 50% Chance to dodge 75% damage and 50% Chance to take full damage
  • Evasive Strike: 1x Damage, 50% Chance to dodge 75% damage and 50% Chance to take full damage
  • Prowl and Deliberate Prowl: 66% Chance to dodge full damage and 33% to take full damage, and then the latter buffing effects(I mean come on, some dinos need this, and not a nerf)

What I have done here ^^^, I have taken the time to fix each and every evasive mechanics, instead of just giving all of those mechanics one same big fat nerf. Before you judge my suggestion, make sure you understood it clearly.

1 Like

OP’s suggestion definitely increases the effect of RNG on the match outcome, but not more so than pre-1.8. In other words, it would still be an improvement over 1.7, although I’m not sure how I feel about dodging status effects.

Interesting suggestions, but the number of “moving parts” on some of them is way more than any other ability. For that reason alone I’m sceptical it’ll be implemented.