Ludia Forums

A couple changes maybe?

If i had to make two changes it be to resilient attacks (maybe remove by passing evasive abilities) and the instant invisibility shield lasting only 1 turn. Would it make maxima and tryko more manageable with these changes?

3 Likes

The reason instant invincibility lasts 2 turns is because of the raids. It is to be expected that it acts this way.

2 Likes

Maybe a change could be have slightly different moves for pvp and raids then, the obvious downside being it could get super confusing and give us all a headache…

I think in PvP it isn’t meant to last two turns but it does. It says two attacks(for raids) or 1 turn(pvp).

Part of it is that the definition of a ‘turn’ changed. From the beginning of your move up until the next time your move is executed is now one move. So, if you were slower but used instant invisibility, it’s going to last until the beginning of your next action. So, it can block your opponent’s faster non-instant move, plus their next move since you still haven’t started another action.

I didn’t know that happened lol well yeah i got a team of scrubby dubbies that i started running and i found tryko and maxima being the two difficult to handle. Maybe thyla would be a better option than vexus?

Actually, Ludia changed the definition of a turn in 2.0. Now a turn only passes for the shield if the user makes a move. So it is possible to have multiple attacks hit a shield in PvP in a single turn.

Hi Qaw. I am also interested to know more about this definition of “turn” in 2.0. It is quite confusing to me right now. Do you have an example. Thanks.

I guess i should of read the notes in its entirety lol but i was too lazy when i saw the page number lol

The term turn is now used as a “the next time this creature uses a move”. So Max’s shield lasts for 1 turn but in most cases, Max is the slower of the creatures.
So the move order goes like this -

Max uses Instant Invinciblity and goes first because it’s Instant - Turn 1
Faster enemy attacks into shield - Turn 1
Faster enemy attacks into shield - Turn 2
Max does a move, uses a turn, and shield disappears - Turn 2.

The move is meant to only block a single attack in PvP but since there are now minions in the raids, the Instant Invinciblity moves were buffed to 2 attacks.

Turns for shields and evasion are counted from the user’s perspective now. Basically, the shield will last until your dino carries out the number of turns it’s supposed to last for, unless the opponent attacks it enough times before your dino carries out that number of turns.

Here’s an example:

Pre-2.0- Case 1) Ardentismaxima uses Instant Invincibility against a faster Erlidominus. Since 2.0 hasn’t been implemented yet, shield turns are counted from the opponent’s perspective, meaning when the Erlidominus attacks the shield, 1 turn is completed and the shield disappears.

Case 2) Ardentismaxima uses Instant Invincibility against a slower Erlidominus. Since 2.0 hasn’t been implemented yet, shield turns are counted from the opponent’s perspective, meaning when the Erlidominus attacks the shield, 1 turn is completed and the shield disappears.

Post 2.0- Case 1) Ardentismaxima uses Instant Invincibility Taunt against a faster Erlidominus. Since 2.0 has been implemented, shield turns are counted from the user’s perspective, meaning when the Erlidominus attacks the shield, zero turns pass since Ardentismaxima didn’t use a turn. Then the Erlidominus attacks again, and the shield disappears because although zero turns have passed, it has taken the maximum of 2 attacks.

Case 2) Ardentismaxima uses Instant Invincibility Taunt against a slower Erlidominus. Since 2.0 has been implemented, shield turns are counted from the user’s perspective, meaning that when the Erlidominus attacks the shield, zero turns pass since Ardentismaxima didn’t use a turn. Then Ardentismaxima, being faster, attacks next, and the shield wears off because a turn has passed.

1 Like

That clearly isn’t true. You could say that the definition of a turn (for shields and evasion only) has been changed because of Raids, but in PvP it’s doing exactly what was intended.

What was intended may be overpowered, but that doesn’t make the change unintentional.

Great. Thanks for the explanation Qaw. Appreciate it :pray:

1 Like

Thanks for the explanation

1 Like

I got another question. So i used instant invisibility from my maxima and my ardonto agains a decel rampage of another maxima and a cunning impact Dilorach, and it doesn’t block at all. I just get hit flat out, am i missing something?

Looks like there a whole thread on this that i just saw lol

There seems to be a new bug right now that makes Instant Invincibility Taunt useless.