A group of us tried to initiate conversation with Ludia about the boosts

(TL;DR A group of us tried to initiate conversation about concerns with boosts with Ludia, and customer service didn’t seem interested in discussing or hearing us out)

A few weeks ago, about 20 of us JWA players all came together and wrote separate messages to Ludia customer service essentially petitioning them to reconsider the state of the game relating to the boost system. I’ve been a part of similar coordinated efforts in other mobile games to reach out to the devs/customer service and express concerns, and seen success in a larger group pressing for change (especially when there are “whales” in the group, which our group had a number of), so I was hopeful this would help initiate some kind of meaningful conversation with the devs/customer service.

After boosts 2.0 came out and they started selling them daily, obviously multiple players had big concerns with the high cost, exclusively of boosts, and inability to move them from dino to dino without a huge boost loss (on already very expensive boosts). This will inevitably create a segregated arena of spenders/non-spenders that will frustrate many newer and non-spending players (who feel they can’t ever catch up to try higher level play), and quickly bore many spending players (who are playing the same players/teams over and over). Both of these factors will ultimately lead to players leaving the game instead of encouraging a robust arena/meta that is achievable to all players (whether through spending or hard work farming dinos).

Our group of 20 or so of us all wrote to Ludia customer service with our own take on this concern. It was not our intent to flood them with tickets they had to reply to, but to let them know that there were a growing number of us out there worried about the health of the game. A few of the spenders in the group pointed out in their email just how much they have spent (and for several of them, it was quite a lot) in hopes that Ludia would realize they are already potentially alienating some of the very players funding the game with the current boost system.

Most of the players who petitioned for some type of boost reset option/cost decrease/more opportunities to farm boosts received response emails from customer service that were word-for-word the same, so it was clearly a copy/paste. Responses that started with wording like “while we appreciate the time and financial resources you invested in the game…” were common. Even in this attempt at starting a conversation that included multiple paying players, none of us honestly felt as though our concerns were heard, or given indication that anything will change because of our reaching out. I hope we are wrong in this interpretation, and Ludia does something to make things better with boosts, because JWA really is a great game at it’s core, with so much potential. For now, a few of us tried, but I don’t think accomplished much :frowning:

23 Likes

It seems that Ludia doesn’t understand that JWA is slowly dying, mostly because of boosts

8 Likes

Thank you for your efforts as well as the others who attempted to do the same. Its tough because its a win/lose situation. Most of us really love the game but are in a constant state of frustration with it. I know Ludia is a company and they are here to make money, and they are making a ton of it selling boosts, but at the cost of upsetting and alienating players. I just don’t think they care, especially since the money is rolling in.

6 Likes

Really appreciate the effort, it’s shameful there’s just NO WAY to discuss this. Personally I’ve lost any interest in progression other than gathering all creatures and hitting my dbi. I’ve purposely dropped to Aviary (adjusted my team accordingly) just so I get a chance of actually battling my creatures instead of boosting only 8 and continue to encounter lvl 30’s boosted tier 8-9. Im done with all that. Refused to buy a single boosts after the rip off they pulled with the last boost reset. It could all be so different if only someone with a vision would call the shots at Ludia. Feel sorry for the dev’s as they really create beautiful creatures and settings and this game should flourish instead of die. Hunger for money will always end up in starvation…

6 Likes

Compared to what this game used to bring it money wise they are making less selling boosts.

Heck sensor tower had Jurassic world the game as their top game or February. As more people get their team max boosted this number will drop.

1 Like

You drastically overestimate what customer support is capable of doing.

Furthermore, boosts aren’t going away. They would need to refund everyone and that’s just not feasable. Just gotta live with it and enjoy the game as it is. I doubt any alterations are coming either.

3 Likes

I won’t say that boosts have ruined the game because I think “ruined” is too strong a term but they certainly are a problem that needs some sort of rectifying. Boosts, as I understand it, were something that the developers wanted to include quite early on and because of that I do not think they will ever go away.

A applaude your efforts but if they are taking the letters under advisement under consideration, it will be months before anything happens. Games like this require months of planning for major changes and boosts would be no different.

1 Like

I have read speed boosts are the main problem many times and I lean towards agreeing with that. Removing them and splitting the amount equally between health and attack would be a thought. I don’t see any changes coming anytime soon though. Stay safe everyone!

That’s fair. I don’t think any of us expected immediate change. It was the general response we received that seemed to be dismissive of our expressed concerns that led to the feeling we weren’t really heard.

1 Like

Boosts definitely broke the game. I’m seriously thinking of dropping several arenas just to get in the boost- free arenas and enjoy the game the way it was at first. This is something that should be reckoned with.

Nice try but isn’t it clear it’s a futile attempt?
Ludia is fully aware of the issues with boosts. If they’re not then they are literally run by a bunch of baboons.
A plea from any player, whale or not, is useless as they seem to have their own staff of decision makers, people who think they know what’s best for the game.

3 Likes

But then how is Lootya supposed to make money?

YOU WHAT NOW

2 Likes

But these people bought bucks, not boosts. You cannot buy boosts for real money, you can only buy bucks. Boosts are just one way of spending bucks. No need to refund real money then. Just refund bucks to people who bought boosts.

3 Likes

You really think people that spend upwards of $100+ are gonna be okay with that? Or any money for boosts for that matter? Imagine buying a TV from a store. Then suddenly the store forcefully takes their TV back, and gives you store credit, only it turns out the store only sells hot pockets now, and not TVs.

1 Like

They still bought bucks. Ludia has full right to not refund money to them

2 Likes

Even If It didn’t seem like It resulted in much, I’m glad you people tried to reach out to the company. Even If we know boosts won’t be removed, having lower prices would really help the average spender. On another note, since we know boosts aren’t going away, perhaps an effort could be made to at least make them consider changing the boost system again. Everyone that is on the end game know how detrimental this boost system is to the speedster category. When a boosting system make a whole class of dinos worse than the rest than there’s obviously something wrong with It, and that needs to be addressed or we’ll be forced to bench most If not all our speedsters in the future unfortunately.

1 Like

If they did that, it would be 10000x more scummy and shady than any silly stat boosts ever were. It’ll be a straight up SCAM.

1 Like

nah, it’s kinda already dead. people still play, but it is beyond repair. too many screw ups and bonehead mistakes by ludia. boosts are just their last ditch effort to extract whatever cash they can before leaving it for dead.

2 Likes

Boosts aren’t a last ditch effort. They were the first big mistake Ludia did. Just before boosts, in 1.6, JWA was at its peak

1 Like

JWA isn’t dead. Far from it. It has some health issues but I would say that the majority of people enjoy the game.

1 Like