A legendary that counters flocks?

So enteloceros had had the revenge shattering rampage changed to a group revenge shattering rampage. This move combined with mutual fury to get faster than flocks combined with dig in and armor makes this a potential counter to flocks. This is not necessarily the case for compy though because of hop and mock

2 Likes

It could kill them easily if the mutual fury makes them faster and maybe some damage boost

its changed now?

The group attack only works on Revenge, keep in mind. If you use MF first, you’ll only be attacking one flock member on turn 2.

1 Like

Yeah this is really… not great, considering that the cooldown is still 2 for the non-revenge version. Its great to have more Group attacks, but it should be a group attack every time with that cooldown.

1 Like

I just play tested it and can confirm that’s how it works. It’s pretty terrible.

1 Like

True. Did not realize. I though it was a group shattering rampage like Thor had but instead with revenge

That’s totally what it should be, especially given the lengthy cooldown on it. @Mudkipz made some suggestions on how to make that move more viable somewhere, but I can’t find it at the moment.

1 Like

Yeah basically they should either reduce the cooldown on the non-revenge version or make the non-revenge version a group attack. I think I’d prefer the later - Ludia clearly wants it to have a 2-turn cooldown (seeing as they’re bending over backwards to keep that in the move), and we do need more Group attacks.

1 Like

I know. Group attacks would be amazing. All they need to do is change the normal attack with no revenge a group move so it could actually do a lot of damage to flocks. What I though was that mf+ Group shattering rampage could kill or just hurt the flocks a lot. If this is how it worked coelhast would stand 0 chance unless it went for fearless alert turn 1.

2 Likes

And I don’t see that as a bad thing. We need more reliable flock counters, and it’s not like Enteloceros can’t be countered itself. Plus the opponent usually will have some kind of dodge up anyway.

2 Likes

I completely agree. There are some good counters.

1 Like

In the case of Coelhaast if it does open with Fearless Alert, it’ll stay faster than Enteloceros going into turn 2 and can hit it for boosted damage before swapping out with precise impact and run, or cut Enteloceros’s attack with a powered up Restricted Group Distraction to bring its attack back down so it can no longer 1-shot it. And it’ll still have a dodge up going into turn 2.

True but enteloceros can get a decent bit of hp back with dig in

Yeah but it’s still not going to get all the damage in. The Coelhaast has options at least.

2 Likes

Also Group Revenge Shattering Rampage doesn’t remove Taunt (and neither does Group Shattering Strike), but Group Shattering Impact does. Ludia really needs to work on their move consistency.

1 Like

Agreed. When thor had group shattering rampage I’m pretty sure that removed taunt.

1 Like