Ludia Forums

A little love for smilonemys 😻🐢

the super hybrid smilonemys needs a good buff as it is the result of 3 epic creatures like tryko (who is far superior to nemys) … but one of those creatures … you can only place in the sanctuary once you reach level 20 … this makes the creation time more difficult and also to be able to level up nemys in comparison to tryko in levels below 20 … also in this update he was nerfed in attack and now his speed can be reduced … so … what changes and / or benefits do you think nemys should receive?.. also considering its two components for its creation ( smilocephalosaur and carbonemys) :smirk_cat::turtle:

5 Likes

You’re absolutely right that it needs a buff!

I mean even Velociraptor is likely to do more damage than smilonemys now.

6 Likes

Kit is fine, it should really have its damage back.
Otherwise, it could use superior vulnerability instead of shield decel strike and dig in taunt instead of deliberate prowl (both from carbo parent), with a little nerf to hp to compensate (3900 instead of 4200)
But of the two i would really like vulnerability on its kit.
But really, give this tiger some love😄

5 Likes

Really it needs to get it’s attack back like 1300

4 Likes

It needs a buff cuz 1.14 nemys was fine and didn’t need a nerf, but not cuz of its fusion materials, if its materials are epic, rare or common doesn’t matter, it’s the exclusivity of the materials that matter!

I like the current HP, i would keep It as It is. I would change damage to 1100 and give It 100% decel resistance

Be careful with that logic as it’s what caused 1.14 to be such a mess that they revamped the game entirely for 2.0.

2 Likes

I don’t think Smiley can be “saved” It’s main utility was obliterate glass cannon like Erlidominus, but glass cannon are almost a thing of the past. Yes, they are still useable, but never at the level we saw in 1.4. And, poor Smiley cannot break shields (you can almost call this meta, the shield meta) and it cannot break armor. Phorusaura is only a legendary, and is more dangerous then poor Smiley with his Instant Rampage (3000dmg) and Rampage and Run (3000dmg) while poor Smiley only has 2000dmg for his “similar” attack. Seriously, unless they crank base damage to Phoru’s level (1500dmg) I don’t think it can be saved, and I’m sure Ludia will never go that way :frowning: If they don’t want to crank up the damage high enough, then at least give it “Swap in Stunning Strike”… Being able to use it do do a weeeebit of dmg while swapping and maybe stunning, could be enough to bring it back to life…

4 Likes

I actually love exclusivity logic but I know that sometimes developers buff too much a creature just cuz of this logic, however buffing or nerfing a creature cuz of its rarity is quite wrong…

1 Like

I would want to make its role different from testa which is already tyrant imo.

hp: 4200
dmg: 1500
spd: 127
def: 50%
crit 5%

shielded decel vulnerability
precise pounce
dig in
curving rampage and run ( rampage and run but it bypass shields. Doesn’t go through armour. Doesn’t break shields)

100% distract resistance
100% decel resistance
swap in invincibility

1 Like

wth? why do you make it a monster?

1 Like

Why is buffing something based on rarity of ingredients wrong?
The thing that’s wrong is the ineptitude of the developers in making unique dinos so useless in the first place.
It really isn’t rocket science to see that a huge mistake has been made with a fair few dinos in every update. Perhaps they don’t have the time or the inclination to try everything out before releasing it, but making unique dinos that are hard to put together so crap is inexcusable.
The least they could do is put it right in my opinion.

1 Like

If now i created a new jwa account i’m pretty sure (90%) that I would unlock indoraptor before alloraptor even if indo is a unique instead of a legendary… this cuz I could easily find t-rex and velo around the map to create indo instead alloraptor would be so hard to create considering alloG2’s exclusivity that make its DNA very hard to receive… so I think buffing a creature based on rarity material is wrong cuz, for example a epic global spawn carbonemys is so much easier to level up instead of a rare event exclusive dsungaripterus…

2 Likes

something like that?

6 Likes

nice kit, I like it

however I don’t know cuz it’s always a smilodontidae so I think it must have deliberate prowl 100%

1 Like

Sadly, I have to agree, even if healing was a nice touch… We already know that dmg must be increased, not sure 1300 base dmg is even enough, but surely cleansing distraction is also a great idea… At least it’s harder to tame down that beast already low dmg that way, if he can cleanse it, and shields are pretty much useless already when most of the top guns can break them anyway… Yep, a good step in the right direction!

Maybe a little less attack. Vulnerability + 1300 attack + 2x move means potentially (correct me if i’m wrong) 3900 damage with a rampage at 26 with no boosts. Maybe a bit too much. But this kit would work absolutely great for me

the current goal is full of shields, a damage like that would serve more to the role that it fulfills, a sprinter tank (it would eliminate everything that has problems breaking shields like erlidom, indo g2, erlikospyx in short) almost most of these creatures have some resistance to vulnerability or complete resistance to it. I can’t find it OP, I like how this kit is.

I stick with “dig in taunt” instead of “deliberate prowl” since nemys doesn’t have a turtle rait, just the armor which is not the same.

2 Likes

But it wouldn’t be OP. Don’t get me wrong, i would totally love it with 1.3k damage. But maybe for some people could be too strong and we’d start seeing “nerf Nemys” threads haha.
I find it great also with a.bit less damage.
Really hope that Ludia will consider reworking Nemys’ kit adding more of its Carbo parent.
Also because deliberate prowl doesn’t seem really to have 75% chance to dodge and 55% rit chance😂

1 Like