Ludia Forums

A Ludia appreciation post for April Fool's Day 2019

Guys, I have to give Ludia a round of applause. It was ridiculous but they made April Fool’s a pretty cool event.

To put things in perspective, here’s what the biggest competitors did:

• Pokémon Go added images of Pikachu and Ash to their photobomb feature and allowed players the chance to capture Pikachu with Ash’s hat again.

• The Walking Dead: Our World gave all Walkers big heads to make headshots very easy in encounters.

• And Ghostbusters World… I’m not sure if they actually did anything as an event?

Anyway, the point is that compared to the above, Ludia put in a massive amount of effort to give us the craziest event and I got to have lots of laughs and just enjoyed the silliness of the game today.

Ludia did so much in incorporating the communities favourite joke into EVERY aspect of the game including spawns, incubators, Strike Events and even Mission rewards. THEN they even created a real Lord Lythronax that all of us found to be ridiculously tough and I, for one, would be pretty stoked to see similar creatures getting super tough versions like this in the future or other once-off similar battles. I’d love it if we could collect these creatures as well, even if we can’t use them in our battle teams.

TL;DR: Ludia really went all out for a fun event and I think they bested all their competitors.

WELL DONE AND KEEP UP THE AWESOME WORK!

68 Likes
Positive feedback on april fools event

I liked the event and had fun. I do think changing the daily reward to lythro was uncalled for and it kind of ruined what they were going for.

Still, all in all it was a fun event :blush:

10 Likes

:100: I came on here to see if there was an appreciation thread as I wanted to say the same! Really funny, great lengths and good humour! For the admins to all change their profile pictures to Lythronax, the lythronax’s everywhere, scents(!!!) (LOL - that really was :ok_hand:t2:), 9 attempts on the event lythronax’s, then the ridiculous lord lythronax strike tower, with crazy over-sized beast & abilities…! Would have been funnier if the daily missions Anky was actually anky when you clicked on it & not lythronax… that was a bit disheartening playing 12 matches to get it… but I got got… hands raised. Overall So funny and so impressive :joy::wink: great job Ludia - credit where it’s due for sure!

Oh I forgot the treasure chests! LOOOOL… just great effort Ludia - adding my appreciation :wink::ok_hand:t2::+1:

26 Likes

I think that’s what Ludia did right though. They had the guts to go all out instead of making it a small thing. I think it shows that they’re confident and they care about the game and the community. It’s a great test for them to try more things in the future

10 Likes

I’m definitely on board for this. Today’s been a lot of fun, and clearly a lot of work went into making it happen. I sincerely thank you for the enjoyment!!

17 Likes

I was anoyed to start off with bit after thinking about it i came to the conclusion that it must have taken so much effort to do it and to come up with the excuse about a fault for the monday been missing to give us the single hardest strike tower known to game. Well done ludia great work

4 Likes

Yep, this was very funny. After a tough day at work, on a Monday when it was sunny outside and I was stuck inside, it was absolutely what I needed. To step outside the building, load up JWA, and see a mahoosive hairy Lythronax with tons of health, immunity, silly armour and damage, and a simply hilarious counter attack, I laughed more than I had in a long time. Good job Ludia, it’s nice to see a sense of humour. We can all go back to being grumpy tomorrow. Funny stuff

12 Likes

I’m sorry to be a party pooper, but I really despise Lythronax jokes. I don’t think they’re funny and they are quite annoying tbf.

7 Likes

You not the only one that dodn’t fond it very funny either haha owell onto the rubbish featured creatures and strike towers for rest if the week waiting for next weeks event haha

I don’t care for April Fool’s Day one bit, but this was FUNNY. Love it. Kudos, Ludia. <3
slowclap

10 Likes

I appreciate the effort, just hate the “joke”

1 Like

7 Likes

To be honest first time i even heard of the joke today haha shows how much i know

2 Likes

I had so much fun with the boss fight, I am almost sad I eventually beat it, lol. I wouldn’t mind a Training/Arcade mode where you get to fight ridiculous bosses. No reward needed, just for the fun.

3 Likes

Easily my favorite moment playing this game was beating something as hard as Lord Lythronax. :slight_smile: Really well done Ludia. Loved it.

9 Likes

I’d love to be able to replay that battle at some point. Like a single player mode for past boss fights. Even if they only feature 1 per week, it could be fun.

4 Likes

Had to request from my alliance coz I can’t beat the strike tower

11 Likes

5 Likes

I enjoyed the day also. 0-3 on the Lord strike but even that was something to behold.

Ludia really went all out to give us something. I for one appreciated the effort and really appreciate all the Lythonax DNA I am hauling in!!!

Stockin’up!

5 Likes

That. Is. Brilliant :joy:

3 Likes