Ludia Forums

"A new Dino!" Guess not

I thought that it was amphibian hybrid

Why did they add a teaser poster of a boss that has already been out?

Because they do that almost every time there is a boss.

6 Likes

That’s nonsense in my opinion. They shouldn’t add such kind of posters. Most of the players thought they were actually getting a new amphibian creature, and now they (including me) are very disappointed.

1 Like

I agree with @ZenoRex here, we were already made aware that orouborous was approaching so why would they release a teaser of an old boss that we already knew was coming this weekend?

Hence my previous post is the only logical reason I could think of why.

2 Likes

I am not saying it’s right or wrong, just that they do this for almost every boss creature. Even if we already know the boss based on the weekly schedule posted on social media or it already shows in the game, they still put a teaser either in game or on social media, this time it was in game.

If we read into the hint differently that’s not Ludia’s fault is it? That’s just our own wants clouding our thoughts about what we are looking at. There is nothing wrong with this but it’s not Ludia’s fault either.

I forgot what it’s called but when you really want something your brain will show you signs of it everywhere even if those signs were there all along but now they seem more clear even though they don’t mean anything and nothing has changed.

Trust me when I say that I want it to be a new Dino and especially a new Amphibian Dino, but I have trained my brain to understand that this is the last possibility from Ludia so it must be something else when I see something like this. So I might actually be wrong when they do release a new amphibian hybrid because I will think it is something different.

8 Likes

Confirmation bias?

2 Likes

I had to look it up…

Baader-Meinhof Phenomenon (a.k.a. the Recency Bias or Frequency Illusion) The Baader-Meinhof Phenomenon, otherwise known as the frequency illusion or recency bias, is a situation where something you recently learned about suddenly seems to appear everywhere.

Confirmation bias also probably works in this case as well.

4 Likes

That’s a new one to me. But it makes perfect sense

3 Likes

I would say Placebo Effect. With the wave of tourney hybrids we got of recently, we all are expecting a tourney Amphib hybrid and/or S-Hybrid to be added the game. Thus any time a teaser is released we jump to said conclusions.

While not 1:1, my thought process is that we think the outcomes have somehow changed and these needed amphibians are coming when Ludia hasn’t provided any tangible proof (even of them acknowledging our begging), so we inherently believe that these teasers are bringing us the amphibs that we so desperately beg for and that Ludia has finally listened.

Idk anymore, im not angry, just disappointed.

3 Likes

I guess a lot of people saw a mirage and now they are disappointed by their own expectations .

1 Like

Guess I was wrong