Ludia Forums

A New Gen 2 Creature

Pteranodon Gen 2? I wonder if it has anything to do with the tournament,which is for a pterosaur

5 Likes

Imagine, clogging your hatchery and making plans for Zalmonodon and suddenly next week they give you a Zalmoxes Gen 2 tournament to go alongside the new Pteranodon Gen 2, and Zalmonodon Gen 2 is stronger

sad Jurassic Fury sounds

3 Likes

Furious Jurassic Fury Cries.

1 Like

I don’t think I feel so comfortable saying it out loud… This new gen 2 looks dope :100:

2 Likes

The original looked Doper, Gen 2 must be one of Doctor Wu’s filthy little projects.

2 Likes

I don’t think any Gen 2s are of a different rarity than the Gen 1, right?

It is odd that would show up without an event for it this week, unless it does go to a different rarity?

What does the picture of a Zalmonodon look like? But they just added Zalmonodon, so I doubt they would add a gen 2 so soon?

4 Likes

Eh
Not really interested in any Gen2 (unless it’s a Gen2 Spinosaurus with short legs and a paddle tail that i can use in aquatic battles)

3 Likes

Too soon indeed,they are not of different rarity’s,but who knows the future,but I believe it is highly likely that this tournament will be Zalmonodon given that we have pteranodon as the first Gen 2 outside the Raptor-Mosa-Rex Trio(non hybrid ones)

1 Like

Aight I’m so confused. Should I go ahead with my Zalmonodon Funds Trust (saving DNA for Zalm/Ptero) or should I wait for the announcement? I have 3 or 4 Zalmoxes cooking right now, if it is Zalmonodon tournament I can still use Zalmoxes level 30 as a herbivore GC.

1 Like

Pteranodon Gen2… Hm, looks pretty cool.
Zalmonodon Gen2 is probably going to come soon then.

2 Likes

Personally, I’m in the same boat. I was going to do it in the discount window Tuesday morning.

I’m just going to wait a week and work on Sengo instead.

All of the tapej rare hybrids I’m getting in custom trades, I have more Birds than I care to use.

4 Likes

Way more interested in new hybrids from existing dino’s that don’t have them than anything Gen 2. JMO

3 Likes

i really think There Wont be another zalmonodon a pteranodon 2 can be a hybrid with everyone Who hasnt any yet

100%. I’ll get excited when we finally get a decent amphibian glass cannon to rival Indoraptors and above. Or even just a SR amphibian hybrid (how long have we asked for that??) Copies of existing creatures with slightly different stats? Yawn.

6 Likes

I totally agree. I have 0% interest in anything gen2. I don’t understand what is so good about slightly different stats and skin…Plus probably longer hatch times like the vel and trex gen2.

With so many options for new dinos this just seems lazy. I haven’t bought A single gen2 with DNA nor do I plan to. I really hope this game doesn’t degenerate into all this gen2 nonsense and trying to pass it off as new And exciting content.

4 Likes

In Jurassic World Alive, generation 2 is extremely important. It’s not just a color variation, but a creature with different Hybrids and abilities.

I hope that JWTG will bring generation 2 as an option for new hybrids that generation 1 would not be able to bring … although it hasn’t happened yet! With the arrival of the Pteranodon G2, it is possible that it will bring a hybrid never seen before or even the generation 2 of an existing hybrid. Let’s just wait …

1 Like

But why do we need a gen2 to create new hybrids? there are plenty of current dinos without hybrids now.
Or you can just add new dinos for new hybrids, no reason for gen2.

And just because they are important in JWA doesn’t mean that they should be in JWTG. Isn’t JWA super unbalanced and broken? I would hope that part wouldn’t cross over into this game.

I also really don’t get the whole hybrid craze. I feel they are a necessary part to the endgame, but I don’t feel any excitement unlocking them. I much rather get a dino that actually has a fossil in real life. Could just be me though.

8 Likes

Another reason for the existence of generation 2 is the possibility of seeing a creature having a Hybrid with another differentiated creature and thus not using 1 dinosaur for 4 Hybrids. Imagine how bad it would be to see Tyrannosaurus having 4 options for Hybrids! Generation 2 can alleviate that.

2 Likes

They may not be important now but they will be in the future. It would be a waste of time to add these unimportant creatures, don’t you think?

1 Like

Yes, totally broken. But generation 2 has nothing to do with it. If JWTG ever announces the arrival of Stat Boosts in the game you can say goodbye to balance.

2 Likes