Ludia Forums

A new hero is on their way!

Hello Adventurers,

As the title suggests a new character is on their way to Waterdeep. This is the first teaser:

Can you guess who it might be?

3 Likes

Maybe a druid. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Correct :slight_smile:

Ack you took all the suspense away!!!

That the statement “maybe a druid” is correct? Maybe doesn’t mean it is :wink:

2 Likes

Please provide even a rough estimate of the time frame. While you’re at it any update on when that Black Dragon will arrive?

2 Likes

This hero will come out before the black dragon.

1 Like

The Black Dragon was teased several months ago. Don’t think we have the same definition of the word Soon.

3 Likes

Some of us haven’t even been able to get hold of the current 2 latest characters yet, so hardly exciting to have to fork out large quantities of cash for an additional new character.

2 Likes

I’ve been playing Warframe for many years (founder, since 2012), the devs use the same strategy: they prefer to launch new toons every now and then in comparison to develop new contents.

It’s easier and, most important, cheaper.

The problem is, this approach triggers an endless process of boring new characters and dilute the chances to upgrade/complete previously launched characters.

Besides: Ludia fix the unbalanced/boring PvP and the freezing/connection issues before launching new toons!

2 Likes

Unfortunately, I groundlessly think the developers believe adding another hero may stem the flow of players abandoning the app. I know a few of the other top players have hinted they may soon leave if new items or heroes are not added. I also suspect the developer anticipates a decrease in quest pass revenue moving forward. As such, this new hero may compel 2 or 3 large spenders to stay active and it will raise some revenue to offset the Quest Pass failure.

They continue to fail to live up to their own promises while thwarting player expectations. I postulate the developer would be well served to soon release either the previously promoted black dragon challenge level or the long anticipated Guild Event. These awaited features are generally more in-line with the desires of the player base. Another undesirable hero is just gravy for the developer. Meanwhile it will frustrate the remainder of the player base who have little interest in new toons.

Also, as Fizbanius noted, Ludia promised to make correcting the connection issue a priority.

3 Likes

@Keith Lightfinger Estate was launched 8/9 months ago.

After that Jar and Joppa, 2 meh characters were launched.

People want new content and relevant bugs/mechanic issues to be fixed.

We don’t want another toon, we want Ludia to listen to us…

3 Likes

Perhaps the full video that expands from the teaser pans back to reveal our new hero who suddenly gets hits by the loading bug and is then killed by a rival PvP team before he can even make it to Waterdeep.

4 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

I would add “a rival BOT pvp team”

1 Like

Pikel Bouldershoulder

2 Likes

I would be alright with this if they increased renown levels. My party is level 14 and I am two level ups from 20 renown. There is plenty of room to start offering new characters through the renown system.

As it is, I rarely run across legendaries, so asking me to pay for a new character or silverhand equipment is a non-starter. With Ludia getting more tight-fisted with quest rewards, I am down to about 1 legendary card a month. Why would I willing dilute my card pool when I am already not getting the cards I want? Why would I pay for that? If Ludia wants me to play longer than levelling my toons to twenty (or some other arbitrary point), they need to make new, more engaging material. Adding characters and equipment for free will work to keep completionists going, but behind huge play barriers or money prices will keep most of the “new” material out of many players hands, making it just one more aspect of the game not enjoyed by many in the base.

4 Likes

Meh, haven’t fallen in love with any of the new hero’s to date that were added to the original batch. I guess to a certain extent it does add some variety, @Orloch and others on here are right though. Easy, quick money and not really the substantive improvements that will help sustain and growth the game in the long term.

To be fair, there is lots of new content over the last year, but too much of it is drawing from the same old pvp well and they have oversaruated events to a certain extent. A rally once or twice a month is special. A rally every single week is boring. A weekend pvp challenge for a legend or silverhand once or twice a month is a real event. Every single week again gets boring. Repeating most of your events every single week gets to be a bit of an overload and reduces the excitement of doing each of the events. They would have been better off basing their big events off of a monthly rotation rather than a weekly rotation in my mind.

3 Likes

@Keith A hobbit from Lord of the Rings. Yeah yeah, I know, different fantasy world and different fluff. But I’m guessing the game is such a world-wide blockbuster you’re expanding your license agreements to include a wide range of fantasy worlds and it’s going to be a big melting pot characters from all over the place. Next up, a Jedi I’m sure. :grinning:

1 Like

To really nail this class will require an action that transforms the Druid into a beast including giving him new movement, attack, armor, hit point “shield” and special attribute ability during the transformation. Can’t see Ludia pulling that off but if they do especially with multiple beast options depending on rarity of equipment that facilitates the change it would be a very interesting character.

4 Likes

Preview graphics may indicate the druid will have the ability to transform into a bear :wink:

6 Likes