Ludia Forums

A New Mortem Strategy

TEAM REQUIREMENTS:
Tuora: at least 3342 health, the more attack/health the better
Indom: I got it covered
Irri: at least 3342 health, the more attack/health the better
Max: at least 6685 health, no more than 7519 health, roughly 2000 damage, the more attack the better

TURN 1:
Tuora - group accel
Indom - cloak
Irri - RTC
Max - greater thag
(Minions dead)
Mortem - group strike
Mortem health: 36,000

TURN 2:
Irri - group takedown
Tuora - group heal
Indom - APR
Max - resilient strike
Mortem - DSR
Mortem health: 9,500

TURN 3:
Tuora - emergency heal
Irri - strike
Indom - API
Max - taunt rampage
Mortem - random cleanse
Mortem health: 0

TURN 4:
Tuora - group accel
Irri - RTC
Indom - APR
Max - greater thag
(Minions dead)
Mortem - group cleanse strike
(Max must die here)
Mortem health: 30,000

TURN 5:
Irri - group takedown
Tuora - group heal
Indom - revenge cloak
Mortem - rampage
Mortem health: 30,000

TURN 6:
Irri - strike
Tuora - emergency heal
Indom - APR
Mortem health: 0

If anyone has a tuora, max, or irri that fits the description and would like to try it out on Wednesday, please leave your in game tag in the comments!

1 Like

when did mortem learn resilient strike? :thinking:

my bad, resilient strike was meant to be put under max

a couple questions for people who know raids really well

  1. when RTC or Group Takedown says for “x” amount of attacks, is it “x” amount of attacks for each creature on the team or in total for the whole team? ex. if irri goes RTC, Tuora heals, and Max attacks, does the damage increase run out (since RTC only lasts for “two attacks”)?

  2. for mortem’s random cleansing strike, can you taunt it so that it will hit Max?

  3. if irri goes group takedown or RTC, but teammates do a non damage move (ie. cloak), does that count as a wasted turn of damage increase?

Thanks for the help, the idea of turns vs attacks in raids is kinda messing me up :sweat_smile:

It’s for each creature individually. For example, since Tuora uses Group Acceleration before RtC, Tuora keeps the attack buff for 1 turn after Maxima and Indom because it hadn’t used it on turn 1. It’s the same with Irritator, because it didn’t actually attack on turn 1.

We’ve always used Taunt Shattering Rampage the turn before, so I’m not sure.
You will be sacrificing 3×(Maxima’s attack stat) in terms of damage, even more if you account for crits.

Now that is a good question. For RtC it won’t count since Cloak is a priority move, but for Group Takedown, I actually think it won’t count. The description for Group Takedown says that the buff lasts for 1 attack, but for 2 turns, meaning if you used a non-damaging move on the first turn of Group Takedown (I know that non-damaging moves are not counted as attacks from Quetzorion’s shield, which should hold true unless that’s a bug) then the buff will last long enough for you to land a buffed attack on the second turn.

From my experience the random strikes are truly random and cannot be pulled by taunts if I’m remembering correctly

This strategy relies on RNG a bit too much. There’s only a 25% chance of the DSR targeting Maxima, and a 56% chance of it hitting Indom without dealing full damage. Plus, if Mortem crits on the first turn, or on the second turn, or the first turn of the second round, it’ll fall apart.

I think if you used an Erlidominus instead of Indominus rex (it has Distracting Impact, so it can take up Tenontorex’s role in the Irritator strategy) then you would stand a much better chance of winning.

4 Likes

My indy has 1600 attack, 4,200 hp, and 127 speed at 23. Indy can be much better in arena now with speed but erlidominus is better in raids. Can’t wait to get it to 30. Tryko is holding me back.

DSR automatically targets the highest HP, so assuming that Max has more HP than Indom, the DSR should target Max 100% of the time

Indom cloak dodge chance is 75%, so the chance that Indom will tank full damage is 25%, even then my indom can tank a non-distracted rampage from mortem no problem (assuming its not a critical hit)

not sure if anyone has an irri that can take a critical hit from mortem, but that should solve the issue

admittedly, erlidom would be a better raid creature but I don’t have it high level

Ah, forgot about that, my bad. The targeting system always throws me off.

There’s probably players with those creatures at high enough levels, you could ask them if they’re willing to participate from the Mortem raid team thread.