Hello, people of the forums. I have something quite special for you. As some of you may know, I do hybrid design requests, but this time, I turn to you! I am hosting a hybrid design contest, for my own organization, A.P.Ex, or the Alpha Predator Experiments. In APEx, we, as an international community, make hybrids something beyond what you have seen before!! For example, creatures like Tenebrolamia anagenesis, a white vampire with bioelectric properties, and Banshiraptor occultatum, a sadistic she-wolf with the powers of camouflage and acidic bile. However, it isn’t as simple as you think. APEx likes working with smaller details, using more than just four or five creatures to make it. Why, an illegal project, Dracotantibus florea ab filia, has EIGHTY-NINE components!!
So here’s the pitch: From 7/27 8:30 a.m. PST, to 8/10 2:00 p.m. PST, I am initiating a contest for all of y’all to submit your very own APEx project creature!! Now, before you start engineering, I am setting some ground rules for what I’m lookin’ for. When it comes to these, I have seen some patterns of hybrid designing. Things APEx does not follow through with. At all. Like, no.
- No using previously existing hybrids, such as from any Jurassic Park media, and already existing creations from other people. This must be completely new, specifically built for this project.
- There are limits to what you can or cannot do when it comes to creature abilities. Think rationally and think about what a creature can do or handle. For example, fire breathing, mind reading, etc, are not allowed. Look to the animal kingdom for inspiration.
- The creatures you choose to mix must make sense for the overall design of the animal. Don’t just shove things because you want to or because it looks cool. Think. Plan. Rationalize. Also don’t be generic. Please. Lastly, use at least 7 creatures, extinct and extant.
- However, do think outside the box. I want something special, yet grounded in what reality JW can be in.
- Human DNA is illegal.
- Most importantly, have fun!!!
- Binomial nomenclature/ Genus + species. Name must mean something, and it must make sense. (For example, Spinosaurus aegyptiacus meaning “Egyptian spined lizard”.)
- Height (in metres)
- Length (in metres)
- Weight (in kilograms)
- //Optional// Wingspan (in metres)
- Preferred Environment/Habitat (also include diurnal or nocturnal tendencies.)
- Special Abilities
- Creature Behavior, such as socializing, hunting, migrating, etc.
- Genetics List: Alphabetical order, one list for extinct species, one for extant, the latter requiring common names as well. All species names must be started in binomial nomenclature.
- If possible, and it is very much recommended, an artistic interpretation of the hybrid. That is a key factor in determining its worth to APEx.
When you are finished, directly message me your finished product. Don’t post it here, I will reveal the entries once time is up!!
The winner will be determined via close examination and discussion amongst the APEx crew, and every aspect will be examined. The prize will be having your creature become an APEx, followed by a design boost and a freshened up genetics list given by yours truly!!
Let the madness begin!!!
Oh, and due to a request, I shall provide some abilities that APEx’s already have to prevent copycats.
- hexachromatic eyesight
- bioelectric nature
- vampiric diet
- super high internal body temperatures
- chromatophores for camoflauge
- acidic spit projectile (hydrogen-based)
- multi-species mimicry/communication
- sunlight reflection/refraction
- scythe-like forearms, slimy skin
- viral infectious bite
- hallucinogenic poison
- calming feather patterns
- heavily armored tail
- supreme intelligence
- arboreal supremacy
- poisonous tissues
- redirection of electricity
- mantis-like forelimbs
- semi/amphibious nature
- night vision
- heat sensory
- specialized pheromones