A perspective on 20% crit

As I was battling the last day or so for whatever reason I started to notice crits from 20% attackers (indo g1/2, erl, magna, zorion, etc.) Not notice an increase or decrease, just notice them. Sometimes 2, even 3 in a row. Again not new, just how it works.

Then it hit me: Why do I get so upset when instant charge fails to land (25% chance) or when I’m hit through cloak (25% chance)? Even 2-3 times in a row.

Dont get me wrong, RNG is streaky sometimes- especially in JWA. That’s frustrating.

But I need to remember: every time I get hit through cloak, every time my stun doesn’t land - that’s more common than critting with a 20% critter, which - when it happens - I’m totally ok with.

Just offering myself and others a different perspective to help lower blood pressure :slight_smile:

2 Likes

i find it laughable now. My Maxie never likes to crit when i need her to. i shouldn’t be relying on a 30% chance crit to win a match, but i always hope in those situations. She will crit every time on her definite strike when the opponent has like 200 hp left. but almost never on her impact or rampage. :joy:

2 Likes

My Indoraptor NEVER crits. :man_shrugging: I think it’s just bad luck.

3 Likes

In the same boat as you

1 Like

I can relate so much with this it’s almost sad :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

I was thinking about crits the other day and wondering if they should be like in pokemon, each move has a crit chance and not the pokemon, that would make the rng of crits less decisive in battle

1 Like