Ludia Forums

A Real Life Jurassic Park

as @Grym_REDACTED said, them escaping can cause total havoc in the ecosystem they are in and can affect all the wildlife in their area

1 Like

Humans are causing more harm to the planet, so will Rex’s be able to mine for metal, make Cars and pollute the atmosphere in their time of escaping?

This isn’t meant to be an anti-humanitarian message. Not even close. My issue is the level of stupidity that some will go to for their escapist ideals. Seeing this entire discussion as a sort of “o humans are stupid” thing is surface-level and a very immature mindset. This does not apply to all humans. Humans have the capability to do good things. We have helped endangered species off the list, have come up with ways to coexist and healthily interact with animals. It can be done. But it needs to be a cooperative effort. And that means helping species that are actually beneficial and in critical condition, not creating monsters.

People like Musk should be focusing on finding ways to help the world, not trying to ruin it with their ideologies.

Having a “oh humans should go extinct ourselves” mindset is also super immature and surface-level. We are a product of nature. We do belong on this planet. And as such, we help keep the balance. It is that we have strayed off this balance, and are now suffering the consequences.

1 Like

yes, I mean if we are somehow capable of creating “dinosaurs”, which would be kind of a big deal, we should focus on more important world problems, like saving endangered species and such

1 Like

Yeah! We’re actually not too shabby on the ESA policies. I’m currently writing a paper on this issue, and the policies the ESA and NOAA take on the species themselves isn’t all too bad. Gray wolves have jumped off the list, and it looks like great whites are on their way back as well.

1 Like

Don’t create any carnivores or hybrids and the park could actually work

I am still pretty sure even without hybrids or carnivores, this theoretical JW would still go into chaos and lead to havoc

1 Like

First of all i would like too see dinosaurs but on the other hand the movies show what happens if it gets wrong. Besides the biggest problem with dinosaurs is that if they would return they would basically fearless on us and probably can’t be domesticated like most other animals because every mordern animal has lived with us for a decent time and have learned to fear / respect us

Herbivores are just as chaotic. A hadrosaur stampede, a sauropod fight, a ceratopsian horde. Especially if they are herding social animals, they will cause trouble. Not to mention smaller animals like leptoceratopsians and small ornithischians are basically reptilian rodents.

1 Like

I think we should be concerned with the species that are endangered, since resurrecting the dinos will not help

2 Likes

Precisely!!!

That has truth in it. Animals that have been tampered by humans, even wild ones, tend to be more up-close and potentially hazardous. However, larger predators do know how to respect boundaries. Bears have been seen to be quite placid, not docile, but chill enough to leave humans alone. Dinosaurs would cause a lot of issues and could even break that trend.

1 Like

I didn’t even think about how bad things could get if dinosaurs got into fights or became agitated. I can’t even imagine how people would deal with a group of aggressive or agitated “sauropods”. Also, I can see how the JW petting zoo would also never be healthy and realistic, like the entire park. I would imagine these baby “dinosaurs” would become agitated and stressed like modern animals because of children and their constant antics around them

1 Like

bees, for example, are undoubtedly one of the most important animals for nature, without them we would all be on the extinction list

2 Likes

That has been seen in many petting zoos, with animals, especially smaller ones, be surrounded by loud and potentially annoying children. That is SUPER stressful on the animals. That is why in aquariums they advise the people at the touch tanks to use one or two fingers and to never pick up the animals. Can you imagine the horror a Psittaco must feel when a child tries to pick it up? It’ll most likely bite off a finger to defend itself!

1 Like

That would most likely be the case, and then something like a lawsuit would come in blaming the park, and it is definitely their fault, but its also the parents and child fault, especially if there’s warnings
but either way its a bad idea to have these “dinosaurs”/mutants in a petting zoo for kids

2 Likes

Especially if the park has the “bright” idea, to let theropods be touched. For reptile educators, they make sure the animal is well trained, capable of being around and touched by people, and they handle the animals themselves. For example, large pythons oh so have the ability to kill a child so easily, but they’re placid in captivity and under the right conditions. Trained ambassador American Alligators are also very relaxed. If they want to do that with predatory theropods, well…birds don’t have the best record of being “placid”. Have you SEEN Asutrailian magpies?

1 Like

I am also not expecting a real jurassic park in the future since dna doesn’t last long and we would need advanced technology to extract it from animals older than 5 million years. But i expect a ice age park soon

That is just as stupid. The world’s moved on from them already. They’d have to be completely isolated within their own enclosures, which always isn’t the best for megafauna.

Creatures like Megaloceros is a fat maybe. But Mammuthus Aeocyon, and Smilodon are out of the picture. There’s a reason they went extinct too. Plus, the atmospheric conditions dont exactly support them the best.

As I am trying to study herpotology, I can confirm that what you said is true. There is no way professionals or anyone with a brain would allow the public to interact with an aggressive animal, even if it can’t kill you its a horrible idea since you can get major injuries or something. Like you said and what happens in most cases, the trainer only will allow the public to interact with a more docile animal, but even then they will only do it for a short period of time since the animal can become stressed. And so I can’t imagined how stressed the babies in the petting zoo are if the “professionals” don’t let them have a break from human interaction and loud noises and all, if they didn’t I could imagine something like attacks from the baby “dinosaurs” because they are agitated and trying to defend themselves from the noisy annoying children

1 Like