A glance at our forums would reveal an angry, ugly, and toxic environment. What we want, and we hope all of you agree, is an inviting and stimulating environment where people can share their thoughts, feelings, and of course, opinions. Not everything needs to be happy, not everyone needs to agree with each other or the direction in which a game is going, but I hope we can all acknowledge that the current state of affairs is untenable.
We do not want to censor anyone, that’s not what this about.
We, the mods, are going to do our part in the following ways.
- If we edit your post, we will DM you to explain why
- If we ban you, you’ll receive an email explaining why
- If we close a topic, the reason will be added to the post
- Tell you when we pass along topic links to the developers
Alternatively, we won’t do the following.
- Tell you about other peoples bans or publicly shame someone for breaking a rule
- Argue semantics
- Promise Dev replies or force Dev replies
- Follow up with developers after passing along a topic link
With these changes in mind, how can we the mods help? There are some hard-lines we can’t be flexible about, but we’d like to hear your ideas on ways we could help change the culture on the forums.