Update: guess what? Support has replied me ^^ my compensations are HALF OF WHAT THE OTHER PLAY GOT! Talk about unfair treatment woooo! If the previous compensation is already insufficient, now its basically a slap in our face saying " haha we didn’t test for bugs before releasing, that’s YOUR problem lol". Welp players, that’s the support of this game. Idk about you guys, but I’m bailing
As some of the players should know and experience it personally, a few of our dragons’ abilities have been reset to 1. While I understand that the team is working on it and providing compensation (which is by no means little), it is frankly not enough. Allow me to explain why.
This is a screen shot from of one of the discordians that got hit with the problem. I, too, have been hit but have no gotten a reply thus far. Hence, I am using his compensations as a guideline while using my team as a comparison to see if these compensations are indeed enough.
Lets look at the rewards:
1000 runes --> let us translate this to 11 rolls on
100 basic tokens --> 100 rolls
Looking at the statistics, it is 89.6% for 2* and 10.4% for a 3*. 111 rolls translate to 99.456 2* and 11.544 3*. Let us be optimistic and round up the 3* count to 12. Hence, the expected reward is 12 3* and 99 2*
20 premium rolls --> 79.8% to get a 3*, 16.8% to get a 4* and 3.4% to get a 5*
With 20 rolls, the expected count is 15.96 3*, 3.36 4* and 0.68 5*. Let me be optimistic and round up for the rarer dragons, letting him (or us) get 1 5*, 4 4* and 15 3*.
In total, we are expected to receive 99 2*, 27 3*, 4 4* and 1 5* as compensation.
With my team, I have 4 dragons at maxed ability levels and 1 at 7. All of them got hit (this is excluding my spare dragons mind you). Let us not even make the boldest assumption that all the dragons mentioned above are of the same colour, say purple for my poor murky, and even the 5* is a murky dupe. 2* drags feed to give 4% chance of leveling up ability; 6% for 3*, 8% for 4* and 25% for a dup.
Since we can only feed 10 at a go, I would get 9 chances to level up ability at a rate of 40% ( all 2*), 2 chances to level up at 60% (all 3*), 1 chance at 42% (9 2* and 1 3*), 1 chance at a 68% roll (the remaining 3* and 4*) and lets say i use the murky dupe to train so that the ability increasing rate is at 100%. So, what are the chances of my murky seeing an ability increase?
Note that I will NOT be using binomial distribution to calculate at this point, but rather a very crude calculation of expected rate of increase.
The calculation would be as follows:
9(0.4) + 2(0.6) + 1(0.42) + 1(0.68) + 1(1) = 6.9
Interpreting this value, it means that in the long run for all players (averaged), we can only expect to increase ONE dragon’s ability by 6.9 levels (lets bump it up to 7), should you get all the same colour dragon and even the dupe! This means that even in the case of an almost impossible scenario, the compensation is barely a compensation. Let us not forget that NO FISHES WERE COMPENSATED. Fish is one of the MOST important resource and constraint in this game. As a result, I it is obvious that for the extent of damage caused by the bug, the compensation is NOTHING in comparison to the loss on the parts of the player. So what should the devs do?
Here are some of my suggestions:
- Raise the levels of 5 dragons specified by the player to level 10.
- this approach may cause some players to unintendedly benefit, but lets be honest here. We have suffered a great deal in wasting resources we can otherwise get if not for this bug. This is only the bare necessary they can do.
- Provide dups for us such that we can level up the dragons at 4(0.25) rate 10 times
- this is highly unlikely, but one of the ways to give players abilities back should (1) be an impossible feat due to technical constraints
- Provide MORE compensation. From my calculations, it is 6.9 ability levels for 111 rolls. In order to get an expected ability level up of 50 ( for 5 dragons to max their abilities), we need to increase this amount by 7.24 times, or 804.3 rolls. This is EXCLUDING the fish that we MUST get in return. Fish wise, I have no good calculation, but using MY dragons as a benchmark, it takes 5450 fish to force feed a fully maxed dragon. In total, this would be around 4,381,800 fishes (804x5450)
In summary, the takeaway is that this bug is INCREDIBLY SEVERE and has setbacked quite a few players. However, the compensation is just NOT ENOUGH, not to say that they did not compensate us for fishes. While I do not wish to make a big fuss, the compensations are simply insufficient. I do hope that the devs can take into consideration of what I just said and compensate us players sufficiently.