Ludia Forums

About my team I have some questions to ask

Hello everyone,I am rookie in this game. I want to ask how can set up my team for the best. I don’t know how to play well in this game. Hope somebody who can solve my problem. Thank you very much.

The game requires different teams for different purposes. An alpha team is different to an arena defence team, or a defence or quest team. To start, build a good rainbow coloured quest team. Aim to have a healer, dragons that can inflict instant damage, and then dragons that do damage over time. I hope this helps.

1 Like

Thank you very much. I will try it.

You need 2 copies to train a 3* dragon to max and 3 copies to train a 4* to max. So if you don’t have lv7 alpha chest which can be a stable source of 4* dragons you better choose your team from 3* dragons and raise them first. Also notice that dragons should have different kind of abilities. Better not have two dragons that can generate the same kind of buff, because they can’t work on a same dragon at the same time.

1 Like

Thank you very much. I got a new knowledge!

As a quick correction: you only need one copy to train a 3* to max, and two for a 4*. The only dragons you can train to 3* without a duplicate are 5* dragons, after which you need two copies.

But, besides that, as @Wodensfang said, focus on your team’s abilities as their buffs don’t stack (i.e if one has ‘All Allies Inflict +25% Increased Damage Vs Red Dragons For 4 Turns’, but another has ‘All Allies Inflict +25% Increased Damage Vs Yellow Dragons For 4 Turns’, one will cancel the other if it’s activated)

So, with the roster you have here, my personal suggestion ( if you can get your 4* s maxed) would be Toothless, Bombwelter (4* Whispering Death), Revenger (4* Skrill), Pufferfinch (4* Buffalord), and Waveshaker (4* Thunderdrum). Gloomleer (4* Stormcutter) is also a good one to train because she can use Ability Lock.

In lieu of that, I’m not well acquainted with which 3* s are the best, but I do know that I’ve heard players on here often use Brute-Wurst (Snafflefang), Torch (Typhoomerang), I’m not sure for green…I stuck with Flank-Tanker for a long while. Maybe a green hybrid might be good too? And I believe Hide-Fryer (Skrill) is a commonly used blue 3*.

BP can be a bit misleading as the type of dragon and their ability set can really make or break a battle. With the right team (and not being screwed over by a terrible board), you can win a battle thats a couple hundred BP over you.

Also, as @Isladragonrider stated, there is the need for different teams for different purposes. Having a rainbow team is a basic need, but every now and again you’ll want to supplement a weak color for a strong color, especially when it comes to Alpha battles. There are certain dragons that are just terrible to bring out into the field, but great when it comes to single bosses.

Dragons that have abilities that bolster the whole team, boost their damage, lower the defense of foes, heal all allies, etc, are good to have. Dragons that have single use abilities, or abilities that only help themselves, are usually not great and kind of useless. Off the top of my head I think Son of Skullcrusher is an exception, since he’s a generally strong 4*, but I think that might be it.

Take this all with a grain of salt though, since it’s advice from my own experience and patterns I happened to notice on the forums. Other’s might have varying opinions/experience. Good luck!

2 Likes

I counted the dragon itself into training requirements. For 3* and 4*, you need the dragon itself when train them from 0* to 1*, and another one to train them from 2* to 3*, and 4* ones would need one more to train them from 3* to 4*. So if you have great difficulty getting your second bombwelter, using 3* ones may be a better choice.

1 Like

Ah, my mistake. When you said ‘copy’, I assumed that meant an actual copy, or it’s duplicate.

But, besides that, yes. Which is why I gave options for both a 3* team and a 4*, depending on which ones they are able to max.

1 Like

Edited: Try to breed a 4* Hideous Zippleback, Tricky Two-Heads, as he is absolutely the best dragon for newbies and extremely useful in quest.

2 Likes

Tricky is not a hybrid. And I think its counterattack ability is just for defense team. It isn’t quite good for quest teams. I guess you want to say Anveil? That’s a good 3* hybrid.

2 Likes

@Wodensfang my bad, sorry for the confuse. I was referring to 4* Hideous Zippleback - Tricky Two-Heads. Its help me to get through many levels of quest
Oh and the 3* hybrid Ghastly Zapplejack - Anveil is great too. You may want to train them both as well.

1 Like

@Mysterious Thank you very much! I am so happy that you told me a lots of your opinion and experience. It gave me lots of direction in this game! I will try it and do my best! Hope I can be strong in this game. Again thank you very much!
@Kiet_Wei Thank you very much either.
I am so happy that you guys told me a lots of experience.

2 Likes

No problem! Glad to be of help :slight_smile:

Also, I’ll second Tricky Two-Heads (the 4* Hideous Zippleback), if/when you get them, as they’re a great addition to your team. They not only give your team the counterattack ability, but also have the ability to give a shield to your entire team, and if you’re up against foes that keep you from healing, the shield will still work. I still use them, and they’re usually recommended on here too.

1 Like

@Mysterious Thank you very much. I got it!

1 Like

@AdamHsu Third that Tricky recommendation as well as Anveil - never underestimate the benefits of precision loss! It’s a big difference if enemies miss a third of their attacks, especially if they’re very strong, this saved some rough battles for me.

3 Likes

@Bee Okay! I got it! Thank you very much.

1 Like

I want to ask now I have 4000 rune where i spend is well

If possible, go for three Thanksgiving Meatlug. If you can’t get three even with those runes, save a little more or accelerate breeding when you have too much fish.

1 Like

@Wodensfang Excuse me I don’t know what is thanksgiving meatlug and I never breed dragon so level is one I need to upgrade?

Seems that you would have great problem acquiring Thanksgiving Meatlug, the new trust dragon. So decide the ultimate team you want and make breeding plans now.

1 Like