Ludia Forums

Add a forfeit button to pvp

For when I get matched against parties w twelve or more levels on me. I’d rather just forfeit than play.

1 Like

I agree this is a necessity. The first thread on this topic likely arrived the day PvP was launched. A quick search reveals this topic has arisen at least 14 times in the WoW forums.

https://forum.ludia.com/search?q=forfeit%20category%3A56

If the developer really had any interest in satisfying players, a forfeit button would have been added long ago. Without the forfeit button, the disgruntled player tends to abandon the match. This forces the opponent to unnecessarily complete the abandoned battle. This only harms player satisfaction.

Ludia staff constantly infer the development team is aware of concepts shared in these forums. However, delaying simple and necessary fixes like this suggest otherwise.

Other developers would have beta tested PvP prior to implementation (Ludia did not :crazy_face:) and would have quickly observed the need for a forfeit button. They would likely have included the button in the initial implementation.

I have strongly suggested many times this developer needs begin adequately testing new features (others have suggesting creating a pool of random players for this purpose) and to start paying attention to player desires. Continually ignoring player sentiments has proven costly. Many fundamental changes seem to be needed if Ludia plans to survive and prosper.

@Ludia_Developers

2 Likes

Lol. I ran up against a player with all 15 level characters the other day. I’m at 3 11s and one 12. He let me get down to his last character with a sliver of health, then one shot 3 of mine with an aoe leaving 1 barely alive. It took awhile to whittle him down, that’s for sure. As we are coming up on the end of the season I guess he wanted to drop down a league or two. It’s actually not rare to run into those from time to time. I’m surprised. In this case I ran into him in league 7.

I would never forfeit uneven matchups. I get free wins and even win a few against players who have character levels but no skill or gear.

1 Like

I find it unlikely a player would be trying tank while in level 7. There would be no benefit. It is likely your opponent was in Battle Mode, saw the disparity, and kindly timed his/her strike to only kill 3 of your heroes. This way your opponent filled 3 of 4 trophy slots without needlessly slaughtering a weaker opponent. Until recently I did this regularly.

2 Likes

I was in Battle mode. I should have been clearer. I had finished the event, so I am sure. I was just doing pvp for Brawler boxes. Happened just within the last day or two.

1 Like

Unfortunately, the developer recently began obfuscating trophy counts until after the match ends. This prevents you opponent from determining which mode you are in until after the match is complete. This is the primary reason why I discontinued providing assistance to weaker opponents. Ludia seemed to praise this folly as a key cog in their efforts to correct imbalanced matchmaking :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

2 Likes

It is a dead game. The developers have essentially abandoned any player requests. Do yourself a favor and just uninstall it. They simply do not care about fixing any pretense of fairness in PvP

2 Likes

This has been complained about since PVP began. Ludia dont care and they will never fix it

1 Like

You sound like someone who doesn’t play the game anymore, so why are you in here?