After losing connection, multiple popups appear

Bug Description: If I forget to close the app when shutting off my screen and return to the game, it will spend a few minutes “reconnecting” before popping up with the “Jurassic World Alive has been updated and needs to restart” button. The phone is useless during this time as I can’t even turn off the screen again until the game restarts.

Area it was found in: anywhere as long as I unlock my phone to the game app

How do you reproduce the bug:
Step 1- Play the game
Step 2 - Turn of screen without exiting game
Step 3 - Unlock screen
(add more if needed)

How often does it happen: Mostly every time

What type of device are you using: Pixel 2

1 Like

Hey Sammi_Waddell, I’m sorry about that. Could you go into your app store and make sure that your game is updated to the latest version? If so, our team would be happy to take a closer look to see why this message might be popping up for you if you reach out to them here at support+forums@ludia.com with your support key.

That’s not the update he’s talking about

I updated the game the day 1.8 came out. I just figured it was a malfunction of the popup mechanics but it’s still rather annoying.

This happens to me a lot when I lose connection. When I hit reconnect, if the game does manage to reconnect, I get the “game has updated” message and needs to restart. When I hit the “okay” button the game restarts, but many times it won’t reload and I have to close the app completely and restart it again. It’s unfortunate because around where I live there are quite a few “dead zones” that affect my phone but not my g/f phone.

1 Like

I get that whenever I go from wifi to cell data.

1 Like

Same here, and even vice versa

We have three accounts. Apple and Google and have been getting the same thing when we lose connection. Figured everyone was. Since the update.

Glad that someone report this"bug". Happens me always when I switch to wifi or loose connection outside. It’s very annoying but I’ve gotten so used to relaunching this application all the time that it’s almost normal. In order of priority, this is not the worst flaw in the game.

1 Like