Ludia Forums

Alert Abilities and Swap-Ins. Solution to the swap-in meta?

With the introduction of Secure/Threatened alert abilities in the last update and specifically looking at Bumpy’s alert stun, I’d like to see these secure/threatened mechanics implemented further.

My idea is quite simple really. Take Swap in Stunning Strike. Thankfully the 100% stun buff was not implemented this previous update, but swappers still run rampant through the arenas and tournaments. So using the secure/threatened mechanic on these will make swapping a far riskier option, specifically to Swap-in stunning strike and Swap-in Savagery

Swap-in Stunning Strike
Secure: Bypass armor, deal 1x damage, and 66% chance to stun, cannot swap for 2 turns
Threatened (health below 50%): Bypass armor, deal .5 damage, 25% chance to stun, cannot swap for 2 turns

Swap-in Savagery:
Secure: Inflict 40% of opponents max HP after swapping in, cannot swap for 2 turns
Threatened: Inflict 25% of opponents max HP after swapping in, cannot swap for 2 turns

I feel like this would at least make swapping more of a calculated method rather than the crutch it currently is

2 Likes