There were already many threads about Dracorex gen 2, which was blessed with DSR swap in move. After some encounters in last few days started to think, how usefull Dracorex gen 2 actually is.
So lets look closer:
Dracorex gen 2
- Can win otherwise lost match (if you don’t have faster dino than opponent or you would need to tank a hit or two swapping).
- Is better as other counter attackers, cause don’t need to absorb damage first.
- Huge investment for leveling up.
- Takes a place of otherwise better dino (playing with 3 dinos against 4).
- Gives opponent free kill early or mid battle.
- Will be nerfed with 1.6 update.
- Is double rip off cause of coins needed to lvl up and future nerf.
- Any counter attacker can effectively kill almost dead dino.
Actually, Dracorex gen 2 looks like as free win dino, but in most cases it’s not. From my experiences I lost only twice with Dracorex gen 2 cleaning up. Even then I was already both times in lost situation, that only good RNG and/or extreme luck would save me from losing.
For those who like to (ab)use Dracorex gen 2, I would suggest using it at battle end, when you can’t win or can’t be sure to tank a hit before finishing opponents almost dead dino.
Using Dracorex gen 2 early or mid battle, giving opponent free kill, can many times mean losing a match. If opponent isn’t “blessed” with glass cannon team and has one or two full health dinos is using Dracorex gen 2 almost a suicide mission.
I’ll rather stick using other gamble dinos (I-rex, Indo), that can actually make some damage too and aren’t one hit wonders.
Dracorex gen 2 is good only for cleanup job or surprise win when you seem to be in lost situation. Also it can be really helpful battling strike towers.