Ludia Forums

Alliance Championship Overhaul

Recently there have been a couple of Forum posts regarding changes to the Alliance Championship. I would like to share my thoughts on the subject.
First, Each month there should be a 4 week Alliance Championship. In the four months each year that have 5 weekends there should be a tournament free weekend. One of my old JWA jokes was : What is the difference between JWA & a full time job? Answer : With a full time job you receive paid vacation time & paid sick leave. All players can certainly use 4 stress free / tournament free weeks a year.
2) Eliminate double points for one weekend each month. Now you have 12 months — each with a 4 week tournament & 4 weekends of equal scoring.
3) After about 21 Alliance Championships Ludia should have enough scoring data that they can set realistic scoring goals for Tier 10, Tier 9, Tier 8 , etc rewards based on 4 weekends with equal scoring. My early guess would be something like this — Tier 10 ( 430,000 to 460,00 points) , Tier 9 ( a minimum of 350,000 to 365,000 points), Tier 8 ( a minimum of 300,000 to 330,000 points).

I would be interested in hearing what other JWA players think of the above proposed changes to the Alliance Championship.

7 Likes