Ludia Forums

Alliance Championship Satisfaction Poll

I’d like to gather general player opinion, and hopefully make some noise about how players feel about missions.

1. Do you feel that the top tier reward is reasonably obtainable?
  • Yes
  • No

0 voters

1. How satisfied are you with the balance of skill/advantage tournaments?
  • There should be an equal amount of skill and advantage tournaments.
  • There should be more skill tournaments
  • There should be more advantage tournaments

0 voters

1. Which of the following issues, if any, detracted from your enjoyment of the championships?
  • Creature balancing issues
  • Speed ties
  • Unfair matchmaking in advantage tournaments
  • RNG

0 voters

1. Rate the presence of bugs and glitches in the tournament on a scale of 1-5, 1 being minimal, and 5 being constant.

0 voters

1. Are you satisfied with the creature and rarity restrctions in the tournaments?
  • Yes
  • No
  • Mixed

0 voters

1. Do you feel that the use of alt accounts to continuously gain the participation bonus should be allowed?
  • Yes
  • No

0 voters

1. Are you satisfied with the frequency of the participation bonus?
  • Yes
  • No

0 voters

1. Are you satisfied with the method of gaining alliance points via increasing high score?
  • Yes
  • No

0 voters

1. On a scale of 1-5, rate your motivation to continue participation in the championships. 1 being minimal, 5 being extreme.

0 voters

2 Likes

I think all the methods are fine, the points requirement just needs a nerf. Just like procerat. Who should be banned from epic advantage tournaments.

1 Like

I would play them more if I didn’t have to win 10 battles in a row to get back to my place from losing just two or three.

5 Likes

i would prefer a way to get AP that wasn’t just increasing your high score after the initial bonuses. sometimes no matter how hard you try, you just can’t and your battles and time are kinda wasted. Like this current advantage tournament for me. haven’t bothered since i got my takedown bonus. i want to get AP, but since i can’t increase my high score i can’t and it’s pointless to battle.

4 Likes

I think the way point are added is junk. By only getting points for beating your high score isn’t really fun because you can lose and have to play numerous battles to get what 20 or 30 points? I don’t know how many but I know it isn’t much for battling all day. You don’t feel like you’ve gained or earned anything. Feels like wasted time. The points need to be reworked.

Participation bonus is good that it’s once per tournament but then again that means someone can play 10 minutes and be finished with tournament for the whole weekend while others on the team are really pushing for it. I told my team at minimum you have to get participation bonus because everyone gets the rewards.

4 Likes

Question 3 doesn’t give the answers I was looking for.

Of course the balancing of the creatures is important and Ludia has a lot of work to do but for me, the major problem is the system of calculation of the trophies won or lost after each fight which doesn’t work at all. It’s absurd and completely random when it should be very simple:

Skill tournament : trophies only.
Advantage tournament : it’s a great idea to want to weight the trophies won according to the level of the creatures and the number of boosts, but you still need a mathematical rule that works and it’s not the case at all (same in the Arena, btw).

In the end, it’s detrimental to the tournament because it’s impossible to consider having a fair ranking, especially for those who don’t play many matches. It’s a real shame…

Anyway, thanks for this poll, it’s a good idea. May Ludia know how to exploit it…

1 Like
  1. On a scale of 1-5, rate your motivation to continue participation in the championships. 1 being minimal, 5 being extreme.

This one here was tough for me.
My motivation for joining and getting 10 takedowns is high, but after that it’s not worth the time sink. I have better things to do.

5 Likes

There should be a simple way to increase alliance points such as a bonus for every single takedown.

The way points are allocated is a joke. You win two matches and from then on in you lose 40 for a loss and only gain 20 for a win. That just totally stops me from wanting to continue after getting the 10 takedowns.

Giving 1700 point+ for alt accounts to switch in over the 50 members allowed in an alliance is a serious misjudgement by Ludia and it has to stop.

1 Like

The biggest problem imo is that the top tier rewards are unobtainable even for the highest ranked alliances based on current progress. The amount of points to reach the top tier should be lower and not 1.25mil. Maybe 800k or so.

1 Like

It’s like pokke fodder said. Even if they had all the tournaments give quadruple points still no one could get the top teir incubator

Ludia, if your reading, I play till I get my 10 take downs to help the alliance but because we can only gain points for increasing our personal score, for many, this is impossible.

For alliance points to keep participation within alliances, you could give us 100 points for a win and 10 points for each take down. This means winning gets the alliance a total of 130 points and this would make it worth continual play. If we lose, we would only gain our alliance 0, 10 or 20 points so it still gives a good incentive to win for that 130 point gain. Keep that initial arena level bonus each week as this helps to at least get members to battle just once.

We as human beings need to see this continual progress when we go into the tournament battle to see where our alliance is at. Seeing ever increasing numbers every time we open the game and even participate is a great motivator.

The motivation stops after 10 take downs for younger players because they can barely win but would be good if they could at least help their alliances with continual take down points.

1 Like

That’s a bit of an exaggeration. A team in Lockwood (staring medal 620?) just needs to get their 10 takedown bonus in each of the 4 tournaments and would end up with over 1.3M alliance points if each were 4x.

How high of a takedown bonus would you go after? 50, 100, 500, 1000? Without any changes on Ludia’s end that will be the motivation for continuing to battle as the TD requirement and bonuses change.

So… once you are in limbo mode (where its unlikely you’ll increase your top score) I think playing becomes quite demotivating.

I think there are two remedies.
#1: Get an alliance point for each battle you win. It only needs to be one to make it feel less rubbish
#2: Get coins for each battle won (like regular battles).

If either of these were the case, I would probably keep playing in the tournament slightly longer.

2 Likes

I like both advantage and skilled tourneys. Those are fun. The rewards have been decent. And I have had my share of fun in every tourney this month. I like the process of skill>advantage>skill>advantage.

Now here we go lol.

Trophy points. Losing 40 gaining 20? What is this nonsense? Seems like trolling from the devs. Needs a change.

No AP for wins and additional takedowns can quickly result to wasting your time combined with the -40 +20 trophy system its horrendous. Do additional take down bonuses 10-50-100 that’s it just those 3. Make each win in a tourney add some AP.

Unbalanced creatures need balancing in there rarity class. If tourneys want to offer more variety and new fun. This past tourney just felt like the arena with all maxxed boosted proRats. Some play tourneys to get away from that garbage. ProRat and Miragai come to my mind. They are both op in there rarity class and will be found on every team because of it. Thanks for killing variety with your all stars who sell boosts and coins.

2 Likes

Trophy distribution being inconsistent and random is where my biggest gripe comes from.

Sunday afternoon I hit my high, 2 hours later, I was 300 trophies below the high.

After that I didn’t battle again. There was no incentive, no motivation. I know that the new scoring was put in place to have people battle instead of sitting on trophy counts. But when you achieve your alliance points bonus in the 1st 5-6 matches, what is the point of battling when you’re so far in the hole you can’t do anything to help your team or yourself.

4 Likes

The problem is the objective of the championship seems to be a competition between alliances but it ends up being a competition of who has more alt accounts. The top battle alliance who decides to play only 50 accounts hardcore will barely equal a similarly ranked alliance ( the mix of members is the same so the AP recieved from participating is similar) which plays 100 accounts to get 10 takedowns and hit point of no returns.

The top 4 tiers are insanely high and unattainable for 90% of alliances. That is fine if the top 10 alliances can hit the top tier (10) and tier 9 and tier 8 are attainable by the remaining top 5 to.6%. That is based on hardwork not pulling 1000 alt accounts by the way.

We never had an alliance based activity requiring the creation of feeder accounts to just achieve the top rewards. Sancs need other alliances and high level creatures not necessarily alt accounts. Weekly missions need a game plan and discipline.

3 Likes

While we’re beating Mr. Ed, you cannot say this as fact when we’re all missing four key variables. What if the takedown threshold changes (Ludia says it could/will) for the next two tourneys to 50 and 70? If the takedown bonuses are linear every alliance of 50 members with an average of Gyro [and near 100% participation] reaches Tier 10 awards. And that’s just battling until you get the takedowns - maybe just a few hours per person each weekend. How many hours did some of us play over the tourney weekends? Probably a lot more than 50 and 70 takedowns worth.

Perhaps the takedown changes won’t be that much - but until we know those variables (on April 30) you can’t say it’s unattainable, whether you ‘alt’ or not.

1 Like

A horse is a horse of course of course and no one can talk to a horse of course. That is of course the horse is the famous Mr Ed.

2 Likes