Ludia Forums

Alliance: how to motivate players

It would be nice if Ludia had a automatic system to motivate players so it would be possible to reach 5/5. I was thinking about a wheel of fortune with different creatures based on player’s activity, that will give players DNA. So, at the end of the week, for active players, they will spin a commun/rare wheel, very active a rare/epic wheel, very very active a epic/legendary wheel and exceptionally active a legendary/unique wheel. Also, the level of activity of every member of the alliance must be visible so it will be possible to give DNA only to active players.

6 Likes

It would be nice too if the person who gets the top contributor gets a bigger reward. Then everybody would have an incentive to push for that too spot which would add a lot of extra darting battling

6 Likes

Our Leader broadcasts inspiring messages to encourage mission participation:

“Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries! Now, 10 more battles, or I shall taunt you a second time-a!”

16 Likes

I did try 10.00 Google play codes for TC in level 4 darting. It would have worked out better if there weren’t these issues:
The person has to be willing to accept it.
Members weren’t sure what it was due to being across ponds. (Android vs iOS)?
Slight language barrier with one really good player made it slightly unfair.

I think being polite, appreciative and offering encouraging words is well received. I have a really great group!

Oh and @Wwwoodchuck :rofl: That’s funny stuff right there!

4 Likes

Right now, I think the only thing that is going to get them motivated past rank 3 is having decent and desired dinosaurs as the weekly rewards. Many of them have said so themselves that they would go more for the next rank if they got something they were interested in.

3 Likes

I agree with the rewards making a huge difference. Looking to the next couple weeks I have a feeling it is going to get worse unfortunately. So many new dinos and I’m not sure why they are not in the mix.

2 Likes

Any advice on when to remove inactive players? I have been keeping an eye on trophies, if a player has zero trophies for more than a week I have started removing. Is there a better way to know if a player is active just not participating in battles?

About half of my alliance has zero trophies but I feel bad removing players but also want to give active players a better chance at weekly missions. We have been hanging around 2/3 which isn’t too bad.

Once the group is together awhile it will be easier to tell if the 0s actually equal inactive. It’s all we really have as leaders as a tool so I usually send a couple messages in game for them to check in.

1 Like

When I get that I simply ask them to comment to say they are still active. If they don’t within a week I guess they aren’t playing anymore and remove them. But bear in mind that some people don’t want to play the Arena which may be why they have zero trophies.

1 Like

Yeah and thats up to the leader to decide if they want to allow someone who doesnt arena at all to stay…

If someone doesnt play for a week they dont get the alliance rewards…so there not only not contributing but those rewards could have gone to a player who is actually playing. But instead are just wasted.

if someone opens 1 free incubator during that week they get all the rewards… whats needed is some kind of middle ground

2 Likes

We’re a pretty active alliance, we always go 5/4 and typically quite easily but even with 3 days to go 4k battles is a lot to ask. I battle perhaps 30 times a day and it’s not even close to enough but I have a job and other lifeforms in my world. I think they need to tweak it just a bit

2 Likes

In addition to trophy count, I keep an eye on the sanctuaries to see who is participating in those. I also watch who’s requesting DNA. If a player is missing from all of those, I ask in chat if anyone has seen them. If no one says, “yes” in a day or two, I remove them. I hope Ludia gives us better tools for tracking member participation.

4 Likes

What they didn’t want, what they still dont want, is militant alliance leadership. Players who aren’t fanatical shouldn’t have a hard time finding a decent alliance. I do understand players need to stay active but I don’t feel like you should be required to play 3 hours a day or you’ll get booted

2 Likes

Exactly an alliance that is being ran by a dictator of a leader deters all motivation and morale within the alliance. I think if the actually alliance mission rewards were of dinos that are useful would also give incentive. I think that if they would tweak the total amount of battles in alliance missions to a more reasonable number would also help. As for those that have 0 trophies it could be two things, they are either busy with real life or due to the way arena has been for most, people avoid the arena. It is just a game. It is not a full time job and if it is a job, then alliance members should be monetarily compensated.

3 Likes

The missions really did change things and the sanctuaries changed things even more. Keeping it fun is actually a bit challenging some days. It’s a game so that shouldn’t be an issue.

2 Likes

I totally agree and what ends up happening is players want to be a part of a 5/4 alliance, but not all are able to play 2-3 hours per day. When they don’t others have to take up the slack. 4/4 still receives good rewards and those that aren’t able to commit for whatever reason should be ok with that.

4 Likes

To be an alliance leader you have to be committed to a great degree. And firm but fair. Most active alliances will have a few players who will help the leader identify inactive members, and the leader must act on those who don’t contribute.

Thee are three types of alliance. The very keen and active type who insist on members joining discord or something similar, where you post evidence of your activity, and sanctuary building is discussed.
Then the less dictatorial type that still hits 5/4 but perhaps doesn’t hit high sanctuary targets, and has a pretty much full active membership. No necessity to join discord or prove activity, others than trophies.
And finally the alliances who accept pretty much anyone, have half of the members on zero trophies and don’t really get much of anything every week.

Each type has its merits, and everyone’s playing style will suit one or another. But one thing is for sure - it isn’t fair on active players in an alliance to be carrying people who dip in and out and don’t really contribute. Leaders have a responsibility to tweak out the dross if they want a good alliance. Ludia don’t help as tools aren’t there to help, so a message in chat and keeping an eye on trophies is the only real option.

5 Likes

I had a player with zero trophies who was not aware of it - he saw his actual trophy count on the alliance roster and sent me a screenshot. He then contacted Support and after 2 weeks we could see his actual trophy count. So it’s not a fool proof way of telling who is inactive (even in the arena - this same player had been TC in several battle categories while his official trophy count showed 0!)

However, in most cases 0 trophies indicate no battle activity. I’ve had to ask members with 0 trophies to do at least one battle or contact me if there was a problem. If after a few days there was no response and no sign of any activity (online, request DNA, dino in sanctuary), I finally kicked them to be fair to our active members.

I wish there was a better way to track activity.

5 Likes

It has always bothered me that top contributors (TC) get the same coins/cash as anyone else (including those who didn’t contribute at all). So in my alliance they get “TC requests” for any DNA they want, which we all prioritize to get filled. This is voluntary, of course, but it’s clear that many members are participating to thank our TC (and it’s a great motivator to become one as well). There are other, similar incentives as well.

We usually get 5/4 rewards, and are not aiming for 5/5 (the addional DNA is simply not worth it for all the effort required).

3 Likes