Ludia Forums

Alloraptor Rework

The title says all of it. After the nerf/buff to alloraptor in 2.2, he’s been dropping quite a lot of teams, the simple reason is that he simply doesn’t counter things its supposed to. It’s supposed to counter fierce but it doesn’t have a good damage dealing move that distracts, he’s supposed to counter resilients but he doesn’t have a shield break or even armor-piercing move available to it on turn one. Despite being on of the harder legendaries to get, it’s subpar to many easier to make cunning-fierce legendaries. Monolometrodon, Spinonyx, and even edaphocevia in some cases! It obviously needs a rework, so I made one!

Everything outlined is the changes that were made to alloraptor. The extra 2 speed was given to alloraptor to give it an edge over monolometrodon, it’s much harder to create but still only gains 1 speed, 300 attack, and additional crit chance over monolometrodon. It also loses a whopping 1200 HP compared to monolometrodon, additional speed lets it out speed more, while still letting most cunning creatures be faster than it. Distracting Rampage is changed to high pounce so that Alloraptor has a good distracting move available turn one. Rampage is changed to Fierce Impact so that alloraptor can hurt resilients on turn one and also has more Allo Gen 2 elements to it. It gains DoT resistance because it’s supposed to counter fierce creatures and bleed is fierce. Its vulnerability resistance turns to immunity because vulnerbility resistance is kinda pointless.

Should Alloraptor be reworked?
  • Yes! Your idea should be implemented
  • Yes! But a different idea should be implemented(Say Below)
  • No, Alloraptor is fine

0 voters

What do you think of my rework?
  • OP(Explain Plz)
  • Needs a slight nerf(Explain Plz)
  • Perfectly Balanced
  • Needs a slight buff(Explain Plz)
  • MonoMEMEus(Explain Plz)

0 voters

3 Likes

Remember that this thing is meant to be countered by other Cunning creatures, so I’d drop the speed back to 126, get rid of the Distraction resistance and halve the Vulnerability resistance.

I also think it would be more useful if you lowered the damage and buffed it’s HP, 3000 is pretty bad for something that’s going to try and take on opponents that can deal with Distraction.

5 Likes

But aren’t most cunning creatures faster than 128? The only notable one that’s the same speed is indoraptor and he wins because of rarity. For the Vul immunity, if it’s supposed to counter resilience it should have a work around for all their abilities. Vul resistance just makes it less reliant on fierce impact.
I kept the health mostly so he gets one shot by a rampage from most cunning creatures, and for most resilients this is too much hp to deal with in one turn

There’s a fair amount that are at 128, and at 127. Even just among the Legendaries, Utasinoraptor and Smilocephalosaurus are 127, so I think 126 is as far as Alloraptor should go.

It’s not pure fierce though, it’s part cunning, meaning it should be partly weak to resilient abilities. It’s fully Immune to Deceleration already, so I think it would be fair to have 50% Vulnerability resistance, or even lower.

Most cunning creatures have less than 1500 attack.

1 Like

I think giving it around 3600 HP like it used to have would be fine, maybe more like 3400. As for attack damage, it beats all the same endgame resilients and fierce creatures even if it has 1200 damage, so it really doesn’t need to be very high.

The moveset you gave it is perfect, so I wouldn’t change that.

2 Likes

I’ll lower the attack to 1500, because it’s part cunning and also needs to beat fierce creatures. As most fierce creatures have 4500 health, alloraptor would easily kill them without wasting RT

If you give it 1300, it’ll 2-hit KO fierce creatures with 4500 HP with Pounce+ Fierce Impact.

4 Likes

hp: 4500
dmg: 1800
speed: 129

3400 HP
1500 Attack
126 speed
no distraction resistance
Less Vulnerability resist
Moveset is perfect.

5 Likes

3,300 health
1,400 attack
126 speed
No distraction resistance
Your version of the kit and rest of the resistances

1 Like

Its a little bit too fast, and I wouldn’t have it resist distraction, so cunning dinos can counter it properly.

2 Likes

Absolutely agree with the kit but not the speed buff.

3 Likes

the damage needs a nerf(1500-1600) or the speed needs a slight nerf(maybe 127 or 126)

1 Like