Ludia Forums

Alpha chest level

Okay, so I’m not going crazy right… We’ve established that your alpha chest level is determined by the average of your last 5 alphas defeated, correct? My clan’s last 5 defeats were 8 9 9 8 9 which averages 8.6, which should round up to 9, correct? So, mods, can someone explain why my teammates are still getting level 8 chests today?

2 Likes

I submitted a help request three days ago for the exact same thing.

According to the developer’s notes:

“Chest levels are determined by the difficulty average of your last five Alpha Battles in which you participated in (win or lose). The average will always be rounded up to the superior number.”

So, obviously chest level is not being rounded up as stated in the developer’s notes.

If I ever get an answer on my help ticket I will let you know what Ludia customer service says.

2 Likes

The thing is, when we graduated from 7 to 8* alphas, it rounded us up to level 8 chests appropriately. We’ve been told by the mods here that it’s based on the last 5 alphas that you take down, not that you just face. Either way, my team should be working on level 9 chests now, not 8s.

2 Likes

i got lucky and sneak in a lv9 chest, although it’s not too much of a different in reward, just 5k fishes, 20 runes, and a few scales

1 Like

As far as I can tell the just defeated alpha isn’t taken into account (basically for you it thinks the sequence is 8 8 9 9 8, assuming the one before these 5 was an 8*). Though don’t take my word for this as i’m not 100% sure about it, but that’s what I think happens.

1 Like

That is a thought…I should get another chest tomorrow, so I’ll check out that theory then.

1 Like