An Entire Update's Worth Of New Creatures

Before we start, you’ll notice pretty much right away that one of our commons, epics, and our unique and apex are pretty much keen on shutting down resilient creatures of their rarity.

I felt as if we needed more variety, and these said fierce creatures are shut down pretty easy by the cunnings of their rarity. This could hopefully bring more light into our arena.

Commons

Dryosaurus: A cool little cunning resilient nonhybrid creature, it utilizes a slowing counter and distracting impact, as well as group cleansing strike to shut down its opponents. However, its health is VERY low. So low, velociraptor almost one shots it, as well as some other resilient creatures like glyptodon taking it down without much issue. (Counter Balancing)

Thoughts?

• OP
  • Needs a slight nerf
  • Balanced
  • Needs a slight buff
  • Underpowered

0 voters

Limnoscelis: A fierce creature capable of shutting down the common glyptodon as well as a few others despite easily being shut down by velociraptor, deinoychus and even deinocherius (on revenge, at least). I may have overdone it for a common…

Thoughts?

• OP
  • Needs a slight nerf
  • Balanced
  • Needs a slight buff
  • Underpowered

0 voters

Rare

Indricotherium: The only rare to come with this fake patch, it functions as a fierce resilient (don’t ask why, look at eremotherium). It can’t slow every turn, though. It can handle fierce creatures a bit better than other resilients thanks to RIF, its med resilient counter, and resilient impact. However, it will usually be used to fight off cunnings not named pyroraptor and lower health resilients.

Thoughts?

• OP
  • Needs a slight nerf
  • Balanced
  • Needs a slight buff
  • Underpowered

0 voters

Epics

Yutyrannus: Short story: Destroys resilient, destroyed by cunning. Not much else to say. Even counters everyone’s least favorite crocodile (to face), Sarcorixis. And it also well counters Diplodocus, the resilient oppressor, and has DoT resistance to help against the spinosaurs. However, its low damage means cunning will destroy it and not get destroyed by a woolly rhino easily. Overall, not really much to describe it.

Thoughts?

• OP
  • Needs a slight nerf
  • Balanced
  • Needs a slight buff
  • Underpowered

0 voters

Pachyrhinosaurus: Ugh, another swap in. Wait, this one doesn’t have a swap in attack… what’s going on? In exchange for that though it’s a good 1v1 battler. Usually though, you’re swap in stunning, killing, stunning again, retreat unless your opponent is gryposuchus.

Thoughts?

• OP
  • Needs a slight nerf
  • Balanced
  • Needs a slight buff
  • Underpowered

0 voters

Legendary

Gorgomimus: This hybrid of procerathomimus and gorgonops comes in a deadly-for-a-cunning package. With a chance to output 3 rampages in a row, you best believe you oughta be scared of it. It also ensures no cunning creature not called quetzorion can outspeed it, but many resilient creatures will be able to two shot it. In fact, I considered giving it 3k health but felt that was too cruel. However…

Gorgomimus

Thoughts?

• OP
  • Needs a slight nerf
  • Balanced
  • Needs a slight buff
  • Underpowered

0 voters

Unique

Postoraptor: Alloraptor’s hybrid finally debuts, and you better be scared of it if you’re a tank. Yes, every other unique creature not named Dracoceratosaurus owns it quite easily, along with some lower rarity ones like Phorusaura, it’s a deadly package against resilient creatures. It is on a medium end of health for a cunning, though.

Thoughts?

• OP
  • Needs a slight nerf
  • Balanced
  • Needs a slight buff
  • Underpowered

0 voters

Apex

Spinas Minuo: Ceramagnus and Hadros Lux better watch out, because this one brings the pain to tanks. Unlike Mortem Rex, it doesn’t need boosts to take down resilient creatures on its own. As I said, Gorgotrebax shuts it down easily. Even most unique cunnings take it down without issue. However, this guy will most likely lead you to putting cunnings on your team should he ever make an appearance in the arena. (Note, health was originally 4200, but in order to counter hadros lux it needed more health. None of its turn one options shatter shields as well to give quetzorion its chance of taking it down.)

Thoughts?

• OP
  • Needs a slight nerf
  • Balanced
  • Needs a slight buff
  • Underpowered

0 voters

And that’s the end of this update’s worth of creatures… be sure to leave your thoughts on them. Like I said I think I may have went overboard on some of these.

4 Likes

Allo hybrid is perfect

because resilient beats cunning

but resilient beats cunning…

because cunning beats fierce
but shouldnt limno be cunning fierce? image

i think superiority impact replacing r i f and pfs replacing Fs would work

very nice

because thats what ludia meant by “Fierce beats resilient and cunning beats fierce”

or anything else with no escape

WHat about swap-in headbutt? That seems reasonable

Velociraptor/poukaidei/ornithomimus/gorgonops/haast epic/nychus/memeus/kelenken/Inostherium/Deinocheirus/Arctops/blue/delta: AHEM

Well that quote didn’t age well…

I think those are good ideas, maybe some creatures need a little balancing but i am not good at that so i can’t give any advice^^ and i noticed you like rending takedown xD (i do, too)

I feel like Spinas Minuo needs DSR, he needs some way to break shields other than rt, Orion can also block all damage turn one so :man_shrugging:

I love all the ideas!(Though Spinas Minuo could use a buff)
You make me wanna make custom creatures now

And obviously I did:
Muttaburrasaurus

With Muttaburrasaurus comes the return of hadrosaurs that are good! It has the ability to actually beat cunning creatures with its group superiority and greater stunning rampage, it also keeps raid viability with geh. It also has enough hp to tank hits from cunnings, resilients, and fierce alike, the low damage keeps it balanced and let’s most fierce creatures beat it. This guy can also deal pretty well with diplodocus(Move order to beat diplod : GS-GSR-GS-GEH-GSR-GS)has a pretty high win rate against it. High damaging fierce are its main weakness, as it can only afford to take one hit from most and simply doesn’t have the output to defeat them.

Unayasaurus

Totally copied the way you made dryo lol, it has slightly better stats and resistances and an extra move. SID gives it a cool swap utility where you can swap into a cunning and decelerate it while taking 0 damage(if it isn’t resistant ofcourse), unay gets destroyed by resilients and some cunnings.

Tropeognathus

I made this pterosaur actually usable, it’s a fierce resilient creature that can counter cunning and resilients very effectively. Shielded decelerating impact(the cooldown is 1 sry) allows it to shield, decelerate, and deal big damage all in one big punch while waiting on the APR to get ready, it’s also immune to decel allowing it to always be faster than those pesky resilients. SIF gives it amazing swap utility essentially making him a spin-off rhino.

Mimusmaximus

Welcome the brand new cunning apex! With three new moves this apex will blow your mind! Its basic move is a sidestep that affects the entire team!
uh I’ll put more in later(if that’s fine?)

1 Like

IMG_20201223_122021
I’ve just made this

2 Likes

I love the Postoraptor idea will make one for that.

Put a cooldown on the impact to Trop. The rest are pretty good

Lol, I did say i accidentally forgot to put one on it. It should be 1 turn

Didn’t see that. Thank you for pointing it out

its “unaysaurus” not “unayasaurus”

1 Like

Sure insult my grammer, not like you thought resilient moves didn’t bypass dodge (wheeze)

Heh heh

@anon28420136 I think your corrections are getting a bit unwanted and rude

1 Like

Ooohhhhh…

I just understood what you meant by that, grammar and spelling are different things @DinosaursRCool