Another tournament already, coming soon?

A NEW tournament is coming soon? Nooooooooooo… ludia what are you trying to do to us. Just don’t. Or at least tell us the next one won’t be as whacked as this one.

1 Like

Tournaments have been implemented to primarily stop cheaters/spoofers just sitting at the top of the leaderboard. If Ludia can just keep resetting the tournament, most half-assed cheaters will be far less likely to actually ‘play’ the game (i.e. put in an effort to get there). At least that’s my take on why we’re playing repetitive tournaments.

i do wish the tournament was opt-in, however, so that new to mid-range players could still arena battle without getting massacred by people going up and down the ladder.

even a casual glance at the forum shows it clearly isn fun for them.

2 Likes

it seems more like they want to wave $500 worth of in-app prizes at people to get them to spend $10,000 on their team as many times as they can more than anything tbh.

4 Likes

I personally don’t care enough about the tournament to spend real cash to progress higher in the ranks. I do put money into the game, but it’s not because I care about rankings (prizes) in tournaments.

1 Like

Too soon, if it’s the same format.

I placed in both but not spending any cash on this. Not sure who would.

These tournaments dont differ much from a season in clash royal outside of being shorter and their being like 10 days downtime between them…So i would expect this to be a monthly thing.

1 Like

Well, I am the one going up & down the ladder. During the tournament, I was going down the ladder and after it now I am going back up the ladder.
Update: Before tournament from 465X to 425X.
After tournament from 425X to 44XX.

3 Likes

It has been said 1000 times in this forum. The tournament is exactly the same as regular battles unless you’re in the top 500. It’s actually still the same even if you’re up there except that there’s incentive to do better. It’s a competitive game. It’s gonna be challenging. I have a tough team and some nights i lose a bunch. It’s just how it is.

4 Likes

If they lift the ladder to more than 4250, I’ll stop playing, because I will use my logic to conclude their only agenda is to stop me from wining any rewards.

2 Likes

I have a tough team and some nights i lose a bunch.

Couldn’t be said better than that. :slight_smile: I feel that pain. In fact, some of those nights when I’m losing repeatedly, it’s to you. :smiley:

3 Likes

It’s fun seeing the same people some nights. It’s like we’re hanging out, but also probably yelling at each other through the phones haha

7 Likes

I came up against you once. Your Posti and then Stegocera absolutely demolished me :joy:

4 Likes

Screaming indeed, though it makes it much easier to handle when I see people on the forum who seem cool. :slight_smile: Then I lose and I get angry and I go “oh, it’s just that person from the forums. That’s okay.”

5 Likes

I likes tournament. Its makes battle more interesting. We must have strategy to reach our goal. Its interesting at now for me…:grin:

1 Like

I’m about to level both of them up soon. I’m just waiting on coins from daily stuff or tournament rewards. Hopefully you run into me tonight because I’m doing really bad. It’s basically free wins for anyone who battles me haha

3 Likes

Same here, haha. At the end of a match I’m like, “Who is this??! …Oh, ok. Nicely done, then.”

3 Likes

I’m cringing at the mount of coins you need to level from 29 to 30. I don’t have anything over 21 and I cry when I have to level a 19 to 20.

4 Likes

Who do the top 3 play? They aren’t within 400 rank of each other. The matchmaking needs to ensure players play only players before next tournament. No fair competitor no match. Remove bots completely. Stop players escaping difficult opposition and getting out of range while competitors sleep.

3 Likes

I am around rank 100, but still crushed by your team several times.
That Postmetro…too wild.:sob::sob::sob:

1 Like