Ludia Forums

Antephant? (Creature file #57)

It’s time to take a look at the next creature. Today, we’ll be taking a look at a creature which was thought to be and elephant or an antelope, but turns out to be a giraffe. Ladies and gentlemen, this giraffe is none other than Sivatherium. Also, get ready for Jurassic Month starting from June 1st to 30th.

Rarity: Common

Health: 4320

Damage: 1000

Speed: 126

Armor: 10%

Critical: 5%

Moves

Long Defensive Strike

Delay Rampage

Possible hybrid: Sivacevia, Fuse with Sivatherium and Inostrancevia

Rarity: Rare

Health: 4530

Damage: 1000

Speed: 127

Armor: 10%

Critical: 5%

Moves

Distraction

Delay Rampage

Revenge Impact

Distracting Shield

Trivia
  • The name, Sivatherium, means “Siva’s beast.”

• When first discovered, it was thought to be an elephant or an antelope, but it turns out to be a giraffe by Geoffroy Saint-Hilaire.

• One of the closest living relative that lives today is the okapi, a rare giraffe discovered in 1901.

• Unlike modern giraffe, Sivatherium also range in India.

5 Likes

Too big for a deer animation, so I’ll leave it as its own animation. Jurassic Month is around the corner people. What Mesozoic creature should I use for Jurassic Month. Time close around 7 pm.

• Anodontosaurus
  • Bambiraptor
  • Falcarius
  • Saichania
  • Sanajeh
  • Talos
  • Xiaosaurus
  • Zhenyuanopterus

0 voters

That creature looks like a mix of giraffe and elk!

It’s also too big to be using a deer animation

1 Like

It might be a bit of a stretch, but they could use the Indricotherium rig for Sivatherium. They are sort of similar in overall shape, and Ludia have used weird combinations of rigs and creatures before.

I remember the Onchopristis from JW:TG, with the shark animations, and that thing was an abomination.

That sawfish is actually related to shark

Yeah, so the model makes perfect sense, but it uses the regular shark animations where it uses its jaws like a shark, while feeding and attacking instead of using its rostrum. They essentially turned it into Megalodon with a sawfish rostrum instead of an actual sawfish.

Agree. Also, Sivatherium runs like a giraffe

Cool. I love siva. Super underrated