Ludia Forums

Any ideas on how to fix and improve these uniques

I feel depressed these unique have gotten the dumpster treatment theyreally need some love and changes to make them useful in the current arena

image Diloracherius
I would really like to hear ideas on how to improve them

I feel Grypolyth could use a distraction move. Possibly Instant Distraction. It just feels like it uses one move, gets a counter off, then dies. That’s how I usually see it when I fight one. Stygidaryx needs an actual attack move. Even an impact move would help. And I feel that having two Swoop moves is too much. I want to be able to use Lethal Swoop without switching out for a bit, then finish it with Cleansing Swoop. Maybe changing Lethal Swoop to Lethal Wound would help. Lastly, Monolorhino probably just needs an attack and health boost.

3 Likes

No point in buffing them, someone will just start a thread demanding for nerfs for them since they now have become too op. Just forget them and use the 8 dinos that we are stuck with, no one here wants variety.

2 Likes

Please don’t derail the topic. Saying that doesn’t have anything to do with the topic at hand and invites others to comment on it. So I would refrain from saying something not adding to the conversation.

7 Likes

Bold of you to assume no one here wants variety. But ok.

6 Likes

If you want to say that, make a topic. This ones about what to do to improve these creatures.

I feel like stygidaryx should be a stunner and sorta chomper, with bleed as it’s last resort. It should get like pinning strike, defense shattering impact, stunning impact, and lethal swoop with instant pinning impact I think that be a good nitch for it to fill although I thinks it’s speed will have to be decreased a bit but just a bit say 127 along with its swap in changing to swap in acute stun.

3 Likes

And I said they shouldn’t be improved, guess my opinion was the wrong one.

Well they need to though. Stygidaryx and Grypolyth are pretty bad. I use Stygidaryx and it’s usefulness is about as good as an epic. Not a hybrid epic either. Grypolyth never causes a problem because it just gets countered by anything in the game.

As for grypo it jaws seem to weak to crush anything so it should be a slash and bleeder.
Pinning strike, gashing wound, ferocious strike, and Long protection. With it counter changing to slashing counter deal 0.5 times damage, DoT of .10 for two turns and increase the speed to 114. And immune to distraction

1 Like

A bleeding move would definitely help with its damage output. It just faints too fast for it to use anything. It having all 1x damage moves doesn’t do it any favors.

Yeah they should be buffed, the thing is that when they do that they will be nerfed heavily after, probably making them even worse than they are right now. I don’t want that.

Ya plus it’s counter is too low to do any real damage

1 Like

Honestly, if that’s what you think, I don’t know what to tell you. Ludia buffs some stuff and over buffs them sometimes, so it could probably happen.

Well that’s what we are seeing here time after time after time. Unless the dino that got the buff happens to be one of the lucky ones that are in the favorite list.

2 Likes

You know you’re in bad shape when you aren’t even invited to the reject party

7 Likes

Honestly, forgot they existed. Paramoloch kind of looks down upon it’s Unique brother. And Dilo just exists as part of an older meta.

2 Likes

For monolorhino I think it only needs one kit change and just some tweaks with its stats, one it changes distracting impact for nullifying impact and keep distraction or change distraction to nullifying strike and keep the distracting impact, other than that it just needs a health buff of 4,500 and attack maybe to 1,150 or 1,100

Edit: I mean maybe give it definite rampage since it’s parent has it. Plus it be a good replacement to maxima ya know without the slow so it still can be countered( I’m looking at you indo and erlidom)

3 Likes

Ohhhhh sushi I forgot thanks for reminding me just give me one second

Edit: they are in

3 Likes

I’m honestly not sure what to change about Dilo to make it better. Giving it immune to deceleration would help. Giving it Distracting Impact over Distracting Strike would help damage output maybe.

2 Likes