Since I loaded the latest update, the map has become a real PITA. I remember seeing something in the release notes about a mapping bug being fixed and thinking, “Uh oh…” and it’s come true. Here’s the stuff I’m seeing:
- Longer & more frequent periods with zero creatures, zero towers, zero ANYTHING.
- More frequent periods with towers & boxes etc. but zero creatures of any type.
- The app stops reacting to taps on anything on the map (battles, collection, market are all OK).
- I’ll tap on a creature on the map to dart it, it begins to load, then immediately jumps back to the map as if nothing happened, sometimes 2x in a row before I can actually launch a drone.
- About 25% of the time #4 occurs, the creature I was tapping on disappears, usually forever.
- The map will load and as soon as I do anything (rotate, zoom, tap on something) it has to reload from scratch.
- About 25% of the time #4 or #6 occur, I have to force-quit and then reload the app for it to notice I’m tapping on anything.
- A holdover from previous versions is the near-random appearance of the screen warning me I’m moving too fast even if I haven’t moved from my chair at the table.
I’m on an iPhone 6S that I recently updated to iOS 13.3 but these problems were occurring just as frequently before I updated the phone. Is anyone else getting frustrated by the same problems, or am I just lucky…?