Ludia Forums

Anyone else still running into “crutch” dinos in Aviary/Library?

Title explains the entire post.

Yup. The sneaky hyperspeed Thors are still a thing, but they might be slightly rarer now, I’m not sure.

3 Likes

Absolutely. Although I find that Dracoceratops is now a lot worse than Thor - plenty of super boosted DCs running around.

5 Likes

Yeah I’ve noticed a huge increase in Rats in Aviary since the update.
Seems fair share of speed/attack boosted Thor’s too.

Pretty much face the same 8-10 Dinos battle after battle really :frowning:

4 Likes

Yep, plenty of maxed maxes running around.

2 Likes

It makes sense too. Dracoceratops is really good now. It can’t be set up on anymore, it’s basically guaranteed to be able to come in twice and it deals massive damage to anything that isn’t a dodger.

4 Likes

I am meeting these fairly regularly, though to be fair Thor and Draco can at least do some damage to Maxi if not direct counters…

2 Likes

More frequently seeing high speed speed Thor as starters, had to boost all my speedsters/distractors to 146. Definitely helps in such situation.

1 Like

Yes one thing Indo gen 1 is still good at is beating Thors

1 Like

yea has seen a small resurgent in both indo users recently in arenas as well.

Speedy Magnas are very fashionable at the moment, normally have bigger attacks than this one though…

5 Likes

Aviary is the highest I’ve reached and Dracoceratops seem to be everywhere again! :sleepy:

3 Likes

Yep, I got 4 battles in a row where they opened with a heavily boosted Magna.

4 Likes

Met up with three well boosted Maximas these last couple of days. Level 30 of course. Most around 1700 damage, some even higher. In the Library. How am I supposed to take these things down with my highest leveled dino being 26? I don’t even have that many boosts on them.

Same thing with Thor. Level 30 with speed near 130. Seriously considering boosting my faster dinos to 146 and higher.

I mean, at least Dracoceratops can actually do things now as opposed to a cheap gimmick. I’ve put it back on my team because it can actually hold its own outside of its swap in move now.

2 Likes

I was playing on my brother’s account, and I saw this guy with a maxima with 116 speed and all that at level 21, even though he had a level 18 rajakylo and indominus, so he’s yet to create even Indoraptor.

I agree she is much better and more balanced than before. It’s just its almost every other match that someone pulls her out. We talk about a lack of diversity in the Arena and I think Dracoceratops is the biggest culprit there.

2 Likes

Well to be fair at this point fusing indo is a waste of indom dna. Anyone at this point should just focus indom and ignore indo…

The other thing is you start earning boosts at level 10 you don’t get anything worth boosting that early so it’s not a terrible idea at that point to put your boosts into your few end game teams… my alt account has a max boosted lvl 17 indom for this reason.

That 116 speed looks weird but sometimes it’s just max vs max and usually the faster max wins if there isn’t a huge level disparity.

Avairy is pretty much it’s own meta.

Not to mention Erlidom is a waste as well. Poor Erlidom, didn’t deserve to get smacked so hard this patch to the point of being near unusable unless chosen as the crutch. Even then, it flops helplessly against Tryko, Dioraja, and Maxima.

Erli can also lose straight up to teno if it can kill it in one turn. I tried to make erli work cause he is one of my favorites sadly he’s one of those Dino’s that doesn’t make the can it get in two hits cut… still usable but highly situational and in the wrong hand can be a liability. Though all he needs is immune to slow to atleast be usable again