Ludia Forums

Apple ID

If I log into my Apple ID, do I have to start over again or can I keep going from where I am now? Don’t want to lose my progress

I have the same issue. I wrote to customer support a few days ago, but I haven’t heard back anything. I also want to keep my progress in the game. I also spent actual money on some stuff, and I am not really prepared to start over and pay for those again. I have around 1.5 years progress in the game.

On the top of all these things, I think, I’ve been kicked out of my alliance due to strict inactivity rules. And that was a good alliance we progressed high in missions, and also co-operated well with raids. So we can lose a lot if this happens.

Welcome to the forums, @ShenjiThunder! Have you been playing on a guest account this entire time? If you haven’t linked your Apple ID to any game account, there should be no problem linking your current progress to your Apple ID. If you are unsure, our support team would be glad to provide assistance. You can reach out to them at support+forums@ludia.com and don’t forget to provide your support key as this helps them locate your account faster in our system.

It takes 1-3 business days for our support team to respond to emails, @bkk. Once they get the chance to read your message, they will get back to you as soon as possible. Your patience is appreciated!

Hi ShenjiThunder!

As mentioned above, I had the same/similar problem. I also similarly lost my progress when switched devices. And I managed to resolve my issue. Basically, I waited a long-long (7-8 days) time for the support to answer, so I started to experiment with this. What could I lose? If I remained level 1, I would have given up on the game. So, I took the following steps and got back my “old” level 20 account details, that might help you to get back your progress.

• Log out from your Apple ID on your origianal device.
  • Start the game again. You’ll be asked to choose login method.
  • Select guest as, I was Guest before accidentally logged in with my Apple ID, and lost all my data
  • And voila… you have your old Guest account back.
  • Stop the game, exit the app.
  • Login to your Apple ID on original device.
  • Login/create Game Center account.
  • Start the game on old device again. (From this point your “saves” will be stored on remote Game Center server.)
  • Login to Apple ID on new device.
  • Install the game from App Store on new device.
  • Start it, choose Guest as login method.
  • Game Center kicks in, and voila again… Your Guest account is transferred from old device to new one.
1 Like

I don’t know if it’s relevant to your situation, but your Apple ID is different and separate from your Apple Game Center ID. I log in with my Apple Game Center ID. Being able to use your Apple ID as the JWA login is a relatively new feature.