Ludia Forums

Aquatic lineup

So, I’ve been meaning to open a thread to discuss different approaches concerning the aquatic lineup. I know that some of you are in the same boat as me wondering about the strengh and depth of your aquatics both regarding a future dominator finish and better pvp prizes via advanced wheel.
Some of us, have recently learnt that both the standard aquatic wheel and the standard cenozoic wheel are extremely generous when it comes to handing out lp rewards, all you need is a proper line up to hit that advanced wheel.

I invite you to join in the discussion, share your thoughts and concerns and of course your current lineup and your future lineup goals!

3 Likes

This is my current lineup.:thinking: I’m done working on caves, I have 2 or more creatures above ammonite lvl 40 I couldn’t squeeze in the picture. Currently hatching two more mosasaurus g1s to raise mine to 21+. Surfaces are my main concern, but my reefs need working too. Any suggestions?

3 Likes

To be honest, I’d say your line up is pretty well lined up well in terms of ferocity. You seem to be on the right track.

Reefs is the hard category as there just aren’t as many and they are weaker. Leptostegas at 20 or 21-30 ish would balance well, but you need a bunch of them to get to 21-30 level, where a megarchelon is already there at level 10.

Most of my reef army is Henodous at 20 and some level 30 umoonosaurus.

4 Likes

Thanks! My reefs were superior to my caves and to my surfaces until about two weeks ago, then I got a number of cave offers and some surfaces through custom trades and no reefs and this is how I ended up. I’m thinking about either making an other lvl 21+ archelon or umoono. Maybe I should make both as I would most likely just lose archelon after fusing it.

1 Like

Was wondering when you was gonna make a thread on aquatics @MirrMurr :stuck_out_tongue: I shall post my lineup later when I get home, not much has changed for me with mine but I did manage to make it to dominator with about 5 less creatures than I have now.

I will probably start working back on my aquatics soon as there are a few hybrids that I still want to get, dakoderma, liosicthodon and megarchelon mainly.

I am most struggling with reefs atm, only 3 top ones being 2 henodus 20 and 1 umoon 30.

So here is my lineup currently

As you can see very surface heavy, still have a lot of work to do but I did manage to get a dom win in the suchodus tournament without suchodus, 1 henodus and tusuetothis and 1 plotosaur aswell

@MirrMurr very jealous of your reefs haha

4 Likes

And as I recall you want to sacrifice sweet :banana:fish for allonogmius, don’t do it for now, you need him!
I guess I got just as lucky with my spins getting rhomaleos as you, but you received plotos instead.

I wanted to open the thread sooner but got distracted by life itself and also by a new board game (Firefly), haha!

2 Likes

For now I will probably just add metriaphodon to the team once COT is done, once I’ve deepened my lineup with my aquatics then i may fuse for allonogmius, banana is great so I may just invest in 3 level 30s for the time being in preparation for it

1 Like

Aquatic PvP wins…

Prizes seem similar to ceno, I may grind aquatic wheel for a while now

3 Likes

Now that went well!

Sometimes I get discouraged by not receiving them for days, then I get 2 or even 3 in a row.
I spend a lot of dna on them, but they are so worth it!

5 Likes

The cutoff for Advanced and Intermediate rewards:

There are other level 20 tournament creatures that also fall below the threshold, and a level 18 Leptostega dose not qualify for the Advanced wheel. Level 11 VIP creatures do qualify while level 10’s do not.

3 Likes

Here is my line up and I always finish in dominator league with my aquatics

4 Likes

Do you sell all of your “extra” Super rare and legendary copies after you have a level 40?

1 Like

Sometimes but I don’t get many aquatic that I consider extra my line up is set based off the beginning of the game not after the change that lets lower level aquatics reach dominator league and now all need to be level 40 my lower level are used in PvP

1 Like

I just only saw single copies of everything except for the few it looks like you don’t have at level 40, lots of copies of the various VIP creatures and some of the tournament creatures but everything else I noticed you only had the one copy of. Just didn’t know if that was a way you found of adding extra DNA or just a preference of how you like to keep your paddocks.

I just have not spent much Dna on my aquatics because we don’t use them that much I have spent most of my Dna on my Jurassic’s I have the bare minimum just for the occasional aquatic tournaments

Forgot to screen shot it, but today I got a custom trade offer for xinathodon (about 40m food for the creature). Only one more needed!

2 Likes

Even if my lineup is very weaker than yours, here it is

1 Like

My only suggestion for now is that focus on hatching everything you get! It is very common for players to sell their aquatics the moment an offer pops up for them in th.
Don’t put much emphasis on the super rares they are extremely weak (hatch the ones you get for free, but don’t spend dna on them) the only ones worth having are pretty much the ones that have hybrids.
I suggest that you try taking coin to aquatic trades, of course only if you have proper coin production and can finish in dom with your jurassics. But coin to aquatics is really worth it imho on the long run!

3 Likes

Unlocks psephoderma, instantly buys 7 more copies and speeds up hatching… :blush:

Also 1st aquatic PvP battle today got me this

2 Likes