Ludia Forums

Aquatic map idea

Map
First we need to know what the map looks like it should be an ocean and instead of butterflies it should be seagulls

Bubbles
A way of seeing a aquatic creatures rarity is bubbles the color will show the rarity normal bubbles is common blue bubbles is rare yellow bubbles are epic red bubbles are legendaries and green bubbles are unique

Chests
The coin chests should be on a little island.

I hope you like this idea ask me if you have any comments or questions

10 Likes

Ooh! I like it!

1 Like

That would be nice

1 Like

They probably don’t need bubbles, they can just show the models on the map like with everything else. But I’m liking it so far!

The primary aquatic spawns should be on their own map that you can swap back and forth with the land map. That seems to be what you’re going for. Real life water could appear as land on the water map. That means that in addition to the water map, aquatics could spawn on or near real life water on the land map (maybe within 100m of shore or something), and likewise land creatures could spawn on the “land” on the water map (aka real life water).

1 Like

I dont think it should be necessary to have 2 maps. If you go to a nearby body of water you should be able to dart no problem. And only water dinos are in the water. There could be more incentive for the further out in the water you go the more variety of water dinos.

The thing about that is that not everyone has equal (or any) access to water in real life. Water also isn’t always safe to traverse, if they were trying to motivate people to travel out further in a boat or something. Besides, if aquatics had their own battle arena (since it wouldn’t really look right if they battled land creatures like pokemon), they would also need their own strike events. They could theoretically fill an entire map with aquatic-only strike events, so it makes sense to have an aquatic-only map as well (rather then cluttering up the main map any further).

1 Like

I understand what your saying. There are too many bugs as it is to be trying to make 2 maps. Noone has equal access to anything, however water covers more of the earth than land(71 percent). They could make strike events in public pools or public swimming places too or where there is easy access for everyone. Heck an example could be a hotel fountain. I do agree with the water should have their own arena because they would both have to be water for it to be fair. and Im curious as to how you can fill up an entire map with aquatic dinos and strike events that only live in the water when there are places on the maps that dont have water.

JWA map runs off of google maps, to have an additional map the whole thing would have to be underwater based and I dont think there are that many aquatic dinos to support a whole secondary map. Im not being rude, just trying to validate my point is all.

It would just be an entire world map with only aquatic creatures- a pallet swap really. There are definitely enough aquatic creatures to support such a map, if you look at all the ones in JWTG, the suggestions on the “aquatic update” thread on the forum, and just ones that are generally known to paleontology.

The bigger issue is that it would almost double the size of the game - a new map, new creatures, new strike events, new arena. Some devices may not have the storage to handle that.

2 Likes

The concept as a whole is a great idea.

1 Like

I like the idea that there should be an aquatic map. There could also be an aquatic arena to use aquatics in battle.

2 Likes

Very true. Im sure they will just create a whole aquatic JWA instead of adding it to the game because of the already apparent bugs and lack of storage like you said.

2 Likes

Yeah that’s basically what they would have to do anyway.

1 Like

These ideas are pretty awesome (might have to wait until 2.9 or something if these ideas were to be put into place, but great ideas nonetheless! :wink:)

Hrm the other 29% still land tho

1 Like

And also not everybody haves pools or hotels near em

Aquatics don’t need a separate map. They should just appear on the map just as everything else does. Otherwise it is just unfair to anyone to anyone not living near water. It doesn’t spoil the immersion in the game for such creatures just to appear as normal.

2 Likes

That might work, but you would still need aquatic strike events and stuff anyway. Plus adding potentially 100 or more new creatures would dilute the spawn pool a ton.

The longer the game goes on (many many years to go I hope) it will dilute but I’m sure the developers have something in mind for that eventuality.

1 Like

It definitely will, but an aquatic update would likely be a quite significant jump very quickly.

1 Like