Aquatic update idea

Here is how it works
In the regular pvp, raids, tournament, and strike events, the solid ground will fade into water when an aquatic creature is selected. The aquatic animal will then swim out of the depths in a entry animation.
The aquatic creature will remain at the surface facing the opponent except when it performs specific animations which may have it dive below or breach above the water.
Aquatic creatures include the same creature classes as land creatures but some creature families will have unique moves.
Creature families will be posted soon

3 Likes

Family 1
Large Ichthyosaurs
Animation sets: large ichthyosaur animation
These hefty Resilient creatures use their unique move Suction Strike to counter speedy cunnings, and then hit with Precise attacks. These creatures also have heals and counter attacks

I would think there would be 2 different arenas so that the aquatics can battle and that the land Dino’s can battle.

And to dart if there was like a submarine mode so that if you switch it aquatics start to spawn in the aquatic mode and land Dino’s stop spawning until you switch it back to drone mode.

1 Like

Yeah the submarine mode would work
It’s unlocked at level 6 and when you turn it on only aquatics spawn
About the separate aquatic arena, it was on the concept but the thing is if there are two separate arenas the jwa community is pretty small and you will never face a real player only bots

2 Likes

Family 2
Small ichthyosaurs and mosasaurs
Animation sets: small ichthyosaur/mosasaur animation
Use these speedy cunning’s Nimble Strike to dodge big hits and increase speed, or score critical hits with an Alert Aquatic Maneuver

I think that there would be a good amount of players that would play this if not just buff up the chance for a good incubator or something and every pine will play it lol

Btw I can help u out with hybrids and ability’s as well

Oh thanks for offering

Family 3: plesiosaurs
Animation sets: plesiosaur
Use Camouflage and Cautious Strike to reduce incoming damage and bypass evasion with Precise attacks

Yeah I know beaver would love it :slight_smile:

I don’t think they would actually need to change darting. Most aquatics seem to be marine reptiles or plausible surface-level swimmers, so you could imagine the drone flying above the aquatic creature as it swims at or near the surface of the water, darting it from above.

It wouldn’t make much sense.
Bc why add something that doesn’t contribute to the main game? The reason why JWTG has aquatics is because it makes sense for a park builder simulator that imitates the JW park. But in this game it doesn’t bc it’s about dinosaurs battling and other land and semi aquatic animals.
Like why not make a separate game for aquatics that works like JWA for them.

1 Like

Between aquatics likely being unable to battle land animals without becoming too unrealistic, and the need for aquatics to be distributed globally just like the land animals are, they would basically have to do this anyway if aquatics were added to the main JWA. That’s probably a big reason for why aquatics currently aren’t being considered.

2 Likes

Yeah you still use the drone
The submarine mode uses submarine to mean underwater not an actual sub

2 Likes

Family 4: sea turtles
Use Superior Vulnerability to gain speed control and then hit hard with an Armor Piercing Devastation

how would people who don’t live near water get them from darting

1 Like

Oh it doesn’t have to be near water
When you switch to submarine mode the entire map regardless of the physical terrain will spawn aquatic creatures

3 Likes

oh ok then I like this idea

You’re assuming aquatics would only spawn in real life bodies of water. I don’t like that, because it isn’t an even distribution no matter how you’d collect their DNA. I’d prefer a system where aquatics spawn anywhere on the map, so having a map that you can toggle between land and water would be best. So you would just dart them normally, except on the “water” map specifically. Maybe they could then have aquatics spawn in real-life water on the “land” map, and land animals would spawn on real-life water (turned into “islands”) on the water map?

3 Likes

Good idea c;

2 Likes