Ludia Forums

AR Battles?

It would be cool to have the fights using AR and you can use whatever you want as the Background, table, grass, tile, carpet, water, etc with the option to scale the fights (Dinosaurs) to fit the environment like when you are viewing them in your gallery. I did a search for this specific topic and didn’t see one, so I want to apologize if there is one already. I have more suggestions but will do them later in another post.

8 Likes

Finally someone brought up this suggestion I’ve been wanting this since day 1 this would be such a cool addition.

3 Likes

That would be quite cool. :+1:

3 Likes

Oh yeah.
You could have a contest voted on by the community to have Ludia artists do a new arena background based on submissions.
Dib’s on a drive-in theater arena!

3 Likes

Bugs. . . So many bugs.

3 Likes

Yeah, they should add a mosquito. Haha :mosquito:

1 Like

Unfortunately this would likely take up too much processing power and slow the battle or crash people’s phones. Not only would the phone be processing the live video feed in the background during the battle, but you would also be utilizing ARKit (IOS) and ARcore (Android). Those are both used to ‘anchor’ the Dino to the real life background in the video feed and also needs to use processing power continually while in use.

1 Like

I agree that it would use a little more battery and possessing power, but there are games out there (I have used several of them on my iPhone 8 plus) that are like this and you can make it with the option to go AR or Regular mode to give people the option.

When I play games in AR mode at least on my iPhone, I don’t have any issues or processing problems (slowdowns or crashes) while playing using AR.

1 Like

To be fair, I only battle at home so the phone isn’t far from a charger if necessary. Having dinosaurs fight on the tabletop would be cool.

5 Likes

Yeah, same here. I have a 10’ cable I always carry on me. Haha.

1 Like

:joy: [quote=“Ardens, post:5, topic:146035, full:true”]
Bugs. . . So many bugs.
[/quote]

Hahaha… this shouldn’t be so funny nor so true

1 Like

It’s a cool idea, but If Ludia decided to add it the arenas background would be pretty useless

1 Like

Yeah. Maybe they should add a special mode that is separate from the main events and battles so it doesn’t take away or change what they have now.

1 Like

Yeah, cool idea!

You would probably want a stand for your phone or Ipad otherwise trying to hold the phone relatively steady for the length of a match could cause tired arms.

I love the idea. I’ve thought about this in the past but don’t know that I put in a suggestion. It would make for neat videos to post.

1 Like

Can I just say, despite the bugs that’d follow… I’m 1000000% down to get video of me and my Meg charging into battle!
:muscle:t2::heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Speaking of AR, anyone have Koolabourgiana feeding in AR? You all know why I wanna see that.

Or maybe they should that when you are in the best 500 Players you can have an AR battle

1 Like

Yeah, I might make a suggestion for a Battle Royale type game where you can team up with 3-9 other players to battle either with 8 or 20 players.

Ok, that is mindblowing!!! It’s an A W E S O M E idea!

2 Likes