Ludia Forums

Are uniques necccessary?

I really enjoy my current team, be it good or bad. Besides turrning purrolyth into grypolith and tyrannphosaurus into tentonex I dont plan to upgrade any other uniques. Is that a doomed strategy at higher levels or is it somewhat viable? Thanks for any advice

2 Likes

Depends what your goal is. If you’re trying to hit shores, you’ll struggle. If you don’t care about that, it’s fine since you’ll have a good team in some of the advantadge tourneys

5 Likes

Merely depends, if you want to get into high arenas such as shores like @DreX said you may struggle a bit and so you’d need some uniques to get there I think. But if you just want to use creatures you like or enjoy using u can go ahead and use the team you like! I plan to just lvl up all my sneks in the game and let them cause some mayhem on the arena

2 Likes

no rarity is necessary. you can use what you like if your goal is just to have fun.
getting up to gyro and shores may be harder with your team as it is highly competitive up there.

2 Likes

In endgame you still see a few of those, like rixis, rat and monolometrodon. The other 5 will be replaced 100%, I would not level those over 20. You’ll notice quick enough that having certain uniques makes you win a lot more. With this team you don’t stand a chance in endgame.

3 Likes

That’s a good team it’ll get you past library probably though I doubt you’ll get into the top 500 or anything having all those epics and rares is gonna be super awesome when tournaments come around draco entelochops rixis and monolometrodon are all super good and gorgo can function like mortem rex I guess and once you swap tyrannolophosaur for tenrex and purrolyth for grypo your team will be really strong except velosrharcos maybe look at replacing that one later on? Perhaps with something like wooly rhino or if you need a speedster erlidom or rinex or spyx

1 Like

Are they necessary? No, but highly recommended, especially if you’re gonna work on Apex’s

1 Like

Shores?
You won’t reach Library unless you boost heavily and get them up to max level.

And to be fair if you pile boosts into them and keep facing heavily boosted unique and apex dinos that wipe them away, you’ll regret having wasted boosts and levels on dinos that aren’t end game viable.

2 Likes

I know people in shores that are using multiple epics paired with uniques. And it’s not wasted boosts, tourneys do give better rewards than the arena most of the time. Again depends on what your goal is

1 Like

Don’t expect to hit higher arenas, but do what you want.

1 Like

Actually entelochops is really good. You need to find that speed sweetspot and spyxes and magnas are done for. Chops is a good creature to use end game.

2 Likes

chops, rixis, draco, and metrodon are all usable at the highest arena. There are many epics and legendaries that can help take you well into shores

1 Like

Never seen it though, but I believe you :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think most people would want Uniques because as hard they are to get, they are less DNA
For example, trying to level an Epic at level 21-22 would be 1,250 or 1,500 DNA. A legendary at the same level would be 250, 300 DNA. To unlock a Unique, it is 250, but drops 100 once you unlock it.
But if it works for you, it works for you. Go with the way you wanna play.

1 Like

honestly, you will want to get rid of velosrhacos and replace it with phorusaura, grylenken, indo gen 2, erlidom, spyx, etc, gorgosuchus with a better fierce, and sarco with like mammolania, smilonemys, testacornibus, etc. Entelochops is ok, but most people still dont use it

1 Like

Testa is worse than sarco and mammo is pretty meh nemys is good tho

1 Like

My alt runs a team of 28/29 epics, half boosted and is in library, so with those legendries and the uniques they plan on I would of thought low gyro is possible when they are maxed.
Though I would dump Gorgosuchus, its one my alt has and as soon as there a boost reset it will be replaced.

1 Like

Testa is better than sarco. It is faster and can do 4500 damage at most at lvl 26, immune to stuns, can heal on escape, switch in and heal, heal with dig in and shield and get a speed boost

1 Like

Testa needs 2 turns to set up, which already makes it unreliable. And idk where you got that 4500 damage from. It’s not bad but I’d rather have a sarco that will do better in both arena and tourneys. No escape + FI makes for a pretty good revenge killer, and can get around shields with stun

1 Like

It’s trash any fierce kills it and gets away pretty much unharmed it doesn’t even do that good vs cunning because it does so little damage it takes 3 turns to kill them and stuff like gemini and dentis kills it too it’s decent if you can revenge kill someone (good luck with that when ur attack is like 900) and then set up for a vulnerable devastation but anything with armor or shields also shuts it down and when ur opponent sees u revenge kill with testa thew will bring out something that can mash it

1 Like