Ludia Forums

Arena Difficulty in the new season?

Am i the only one that have the issue, that i’m no more able to win a match?
My team has a strengh of about 5600 in offense and around 5500 in defense, and i get beaten by teams in seconds, that have around 4000 points.

8 Likes

It does seem harder for some reason. Last season could beat pretty much any team under 7.8k or so without needing too much luck. Today I have lost to a number or teams under 6k. On the flip side I have lost more defenses (3 or 4) than the entire last season.

It could simply be since teams are lower I haven’t been taking them seriously and have been caught out but who knows

4 Likes

Yeah, it’s much harder. Impossible to progress

8 Likes

It’s totally broken. Ridiculous damage received and unless you have a lucky puzzle board you can’t build spirit fast enough.

11 Likes

I thought I was imagining it. I have to pick much lower players than last season, I’m re-rolling over and over to find low enough players. Each day I lose as many trophies as I get. Never going to get a 5 win streak to complete Ruffnuts duty!

11 Likes

There is a dramatic difference since the update. It’s like why even bother with arena. Wish they would have sent us back to zero trophies. Since we all went back equally I’m still have to battle teams between 65-7k in defense. Its impossible to do it. No bots either after update…so far

9 Likes

Apparently bots are only for the top 20 or so. So the top keeps winning and getting tokens while the rest of us struggle.

The whole arena is broken and again it shows that they did not adequately play test before release

16 Likes

Ugh, same here. What was a welcome new addition to the game that made me excited to play again is now just a beat down for 80+%of my matches. My team is 6500 and I just got destroyed by a team of 5800 with nothing extremely special dragon wise. It was much better before, could beat most people below my level as expected. Would have to plan out a little more for people around my level and had a decent success rate and then once about 400-500 over my level was very rare to beat.

10 Likes

Yeah, I can hardly reach a win streak of five now. Losing trophies doesn’t seem to help. I have lost a hundred trophies but still lose quite often.

6 Likes

Totally agree, and all of this is when the Find Opponent and Reroll buttons actually work, which they don’t for me 90% of the time. Can never complete the chest duty and it’s really dragging down my enjoyment of the game overall.

8 Likes

This new arena season is utter bullcrap… Hard, not getting easier oponents when rerolling as I should. The arena does not work most of the times, the button to find oponent is greyed out, have to close the app and open it again… And even the whole “reset 50%” is abaolutely ridicolous and makes no sense… Not only you are not able to progress that much and therefore you are getting no rewards, no biscuits but you also are not able to collect all the rewards from the start of the league as you would if started from the scratch… Not to say all the bugs happening after the last “repairing all those bugs” update… Yeah sure… Much worse than it was (in all aspects), nothing improved.

13 Likes

I’m getting really frustrated with arena at the moment. I haven’t been able to find a team with less than my team (4356). How is this supposed to be ‘balanced’!!?!??? I was wanting to get the monthly subscription membership but if the huge bugs and balance issues aren’t fixed, I’m not buying anything any time soon. :confused:

8 Likes

Came here to see if it was just me! Got a team strength of 6998 and, even when I can eventually roll teams that are less than that, they all just destroy me! What have they changed?! Sort it out! The arena just seems to be a never ending series of frustrating occurances!

8 Likes

Got the same. Have a team of 6000 and losse from 5000… Howwwwwww!!! Arena did already frustrate me but now more. Also if you loose half trophy at start of new season, the first Will always be the first. So not fair…

7 Likes

I have same issue, my team is around 7200, I managed to get into top 50 in the 1st season with less than 5 loses. 2nd season I have won just 2 games and lost over 40 to opponents ranging from 4800 to 9200

5 Likes

Exactly. Top 100 with pretty much no problem. Now since the start of second season managed to go up only by 100 trophies and 90% of it was thanks to my defense team… I have won maybe like 10 fights total, but also lost to more than 10 fights…

6 Likes

Yeah, my clan and I were just discussing this. Most of us aren’t even bothering with it until it’s fixed. I even had a really good board with 10+ combos against a 4900 (I’m 6600 btw) and still got my butt kicked. If I can’t even beat them, why am I getting 7400+ on my rerolls? The first round was a little more balanced and reasonable with some things I didn’t like, but this is ridiculous. It’s like I’m taking one step forward and five steps back everytime I try to play it.

9 Likes

Came here looking for this very topic. My clan and I have been perturbed by this as well. Yesterday I was at 11 losses, 3 wins. And my wins were all passive. Everyone else hanging out in the clan chat is having the same issue, even our top players. Our top player had more than 30 losses yesterday. I’m laying off the Arena until this gets addressed. It was challenging before, but now I’m being clobbered by lower strength teams like it’s nothing. Like, being wiped out by the first wave.
What the heck happened?

5 Likes

Just to add to my previous comment my 7124 team with an excellent board just got wiped by 4448 team, sawmaw just 1 hit most of my team and 2nd hit straight after; whole team dead!

3 Likes

Its impressive.
Its impossible to do anything here
Even with much lower teams.
I can see 3 possibilities here :
1- its a bug/bad balance structure
2- ludia its given priority to spending players
3- ludia is cheating the game in order to promote people to expend more

Don’t like none of the 3 options

4 Likes